Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Both key fobs suddenly not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today (April 8th, 2022), suddenly both of my key fobs (Model S) stopped working. They were working yesterday, and last week. I replaced the battery (was low at 3.0V, now it is 3.2V), and still doesn't work.

I tried the windshield location (for dead battery fob) location, and I couldn't get the door to unlock.

I tried the center console location, and I couldn't get the car to start.

I didn't do a software update last night. Any ideas as to what suddenly broke?

Today (April 8th, 2022), suddenly both of my key fobs (Model S) stopped working. They were working yesterday, and last week. I replaced the battery (was low at 3.0V, now it is 3.2V), and still doesn't work.

I tried the windshield location (for dead battery fob) location, and I couldn't get the door to unlock.

I tried the center console location, and I couldn't get the car to start.

I didn't do a software update last night. Any ideas as to what suddenly broke?
Had it happen to one of our fobs, but not both. Fob just simply quit functioning....service center had to replace it. Don't know if the mobile folks can do that or not, as we were on a road trip 1500 miles from home. Luckily the Tulsa service center was very "unbusy".

Had it happen to one of our fobs, but not both. Fob just simply quit functioning....service center had to replace it. Don't know if the mobile folks can do that or not, as we were on a road trip 1500 miles from home. Luckily the Tulsa service center was very "unbusy".
Try doing a software hard reboot by holding down the buttons on the steering wheel. It worked for me.