Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought #771 in Australia today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After many weeks going through every single post to understand the Tesla Roadster a bit more, I finally made the decision and bought #771 in Sydney (Australia)

A big thank you for the help and support of:
- Tom Saxton's program VMSparser. This program allowed me to get confidence in the technical state of the car by analysing the logs with this tool. Amazing. Never knew that was possible!
- @BartJ for his advice :)
- Everyone else for asking and sharing on this forum. So much great information on here ....

Looking forward to playing around with OVMS (on order) and a Visium Hard-Top (thx to the person in this forum who recommend it).

k9rtf5s3rxc1mio1x3rton3u.jpg

After many weeks going through every single post to understand the Tesla Roadster a bit more, I finally made the decision and bought #771 in Sydney (Australia)

Visium Hard-Top (thx to the person in this forum who recommend it).

View attachment 558528

CONGRATS! 771 looks great.

I suggest reading about the fitment and other things associated with the Visium hardtop (such as electrical tape along the front edge) before ordering one. :)

A roadster-in-the-wild! Nice pic, so much better than the photo of all those forlorn roadsters huddled together in the Hong Kong basement that appeared elsewhere on this forum recently. So what did this piece of ev history set you back & what range does it have left?

A roadster-in-the-wild! Nice pic, so much better than the photo of all those forlorn roadsters huddled together in the Hong Kong basement that appeared elsewhere on this forum recently. So what did this piece of ev history set you back & what range does it have left?

CAC 132 after 66.000km's
Has about 250km on ideal range
Roughly 90k USD

Wait, are you selling... already?

Today's Roadster Orphan

Granted, I don't fault anyone for trying to ride the #2500 wave but that's an epic flip if you can pull it off. GLWS.

Also, still curious about that side emblem!
I've never seen the little "Roadster" sticker next to the rear wheel before; normally where the rectangular silver "Sig***" or "Sport" side plaques would be. Is that custom or did it come like that from the factory?
Clearer photo supplied with the ad:

kuzgdeb31kva5j5bt8wajjfl-jpg.569574

Wait, are you selling... already?

Today's Roadster Orphan

Granted, I don't fault anyone for trying to ride the #2500 wave but that's an epic flip if you can pull it off. GLWS.

Also, still curious about that side emblem!
Clearer photo supplied with the ad:

kuzgdeb31kva5j5bt8wajjfl-jpg.569574

No, not selling! Loving the car.

Not sure why the badge is different. From previous pictures I found of this car, it was already there... So I think it came out of the factory like this.

Reactions: Roadster