Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought a New Mobile Connector, received as used one, WWYD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPS just dropped my mobile connector off at my home and I immediately noticed the package was open. I opened it up to find it obviously been used before. Fingerprints and greasy/oily hand marks and signs of it not being "brand new" Is this acceptable? What wold you do? I believe it I buy something new it should be that, new. If its used then it should be discounted as a used or "open boxed" item. Am I being too anal here? My EDD is 25Feb-25 Mar so I'm leaning towards return

Opened Shipping Seal:
Screenshot_20230217-125205.png

Dust on bag:
PXL_20230217_184921940.jpg

Used connector
PXL_20230217_184829944.jpg
:
PXL_20230217_184815229.jpg
PXL_20230217_184858201.jpg

Has anyone experienced this/ is this 'new" mobile a normal thing?

What bothers me is why was this opened? Did someone at UPS steal/ replace this? Or did someone at Tesla just try to pull a fast one? I'm glad I don't have my car yet cause I would be really pissed right now. More of just disappointed at the moment :( This is literally the first item I ever received from Tesla and its a poop experience.

If Tesla sends a used mobile connector then I'd expect that usage to occur before the package is sealed and the label applied. But it's also odd that someone at UPS(?) would open the box to swap the new item with their used item. If they can do that then it'd be easier to just steal the new item - and with less chance of being found and punished.

Mine arrived in similar condition to yours (box was unsealed, product was clearly used/scuffed). Were there any issues with the new one you ordered and/or any issues with the return process?
I just received my knew one today. As soon as I cracked the zipper open on the bag a fresh smell of new materials filled my nose! This one was sealed and for sure new, the last one 100% was used. Coincidentally, the return item got processed today as well. The email is confusing, says they charge a standard 15% restock fee, but also shows the fee was $0. I don't know if they got my complaint email ahead of time and marked it on My return order but I never got a response from the email I sent them. So no issues. I go to pick up my car this Sunday the fifth so a good timing.

Attachments

• 16775417567596391456172028189984.jpg
    16775417567596391456172028189984.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 16775417850729045021064007485748.jpg
    16775417850729045021064007485748.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 151
  • 16775418510262567720925118315043.jpg
    16775418510262567720925118315043.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 147
I just received my knew one today. As soon as I cracked the zipper open on the bag a fresh smell of new materials filled my nose! This one was sealed and for sure new, the last one 100% was used. Coincidentally, the return item got processed today as well. The email is confusing, says they charge a standard 15% restock fee, but also shows the fee was $0. I don't know if they got my complaint email ahead of time and marked it on My return order but I never got a response from the email I sent them. So no issues. I go to pick up my car this Sunday the fifth so a good timing.
That's awesome to hear! My email was ignored as well. I was thinking of just doing a return and ordering a new one, but was afraid they'd charge a restock fee. Good to know that it should (hopefully) be free. Do you remember which option you chose for return reason?

Reactions: zoomer0056
That's awesome to hear! My email was ignored as well. I was thinking of just doing a return and ordering a new one, but was afraid they'd charge a restock fee. Good to know that it should (hopefully) be free. Do you remember which option you chose for return reason?
I selected inaccurate website description lol. (Not new)I didn't see this option when I tried returning on my computer but saw it on my phone. It did not require an explanation

I got one today that was shipped from Lathrop, the carrying bag, mobile connector, adapters all looked new but the box wasn't sealed. It was opened in transit by UPS or just manhandled enough to break the seal.

I was surprised there is no packing slip, no documentation at all inside. Should I have expected something else in the box besides the bag and the 3 pieces of equipment inside the bag?

I got one today that was shipped from Lathrop, the carrying bag, mobile connector, adapters all looked new but the box wasn't sealed. It was opened in transit by UPS or just manhandled enough to break the seal.

I was surprised there is no packing slip, no documentation at all inside. Should I have expected something else in the box besides the bag and the 3 pieces of equipment inside the bag?
No that's it, other than the shipping label stuck on the outside, there was no other information in the box

Monday July 24th I received a used mobile charger in a opened box with the shipping label ripped. Emailed tesla shop support and so far no reply. How long do I wait before initiating a return? Its clearly a used charger with a shadow line and wear marks where you would expect to see on a used item. The box is old and it came unwrapped on my doorstep without any paperwork. Not happy, waiting to get a call to pickup my new Model Y in Saskatoon SK . Oddly I'm sort of relieved I'm not the only one this has happened to. What your best advice?

I received my Mobile Connector from Lathrop, CA, in May, 2023. The box seal was broken. But, everything insides seemed "new" without scratches. I guess someone during the delivery process inserted fingers into the box side and tried to hold/carry this heavy box then broke the seal. Dunno.