Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought my model Y, 2 weeks ago with EAP, cant see ‘Summon’ function in the Autopilot controls in the car or in the app.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bought my model Y, 2 weeks ago with EAP, cant see ‘Summon’ function in the Autopilot controls in the car or in the app. Can someone help please?
TL ; DR --- Your car doesnt show summon because it has been transitioned to Tesla vision, and summon is not available for those cars yet.

=========================================

Direct from tesla:

Tesla Vision Update:​

Replacing Ultrasonic Sensors with Tesla Vision​

Safety is at the core of our design and engineering decisions. In 2021, we began our transition to Tesla Vision by removing radar from Model 3 and Model Y, followed by Model S and Model X in 2022. Today, in most regions around the globe, these vehicles now rely on Tesla Vision, our camera-based Autopilot system.
Since launch, we have continued to make incremental improvements in both feature parity and safety. Compared to radar-equipped vehicles, Model 3 and Model Y with Tesla Vision have either maintained or improved their active safety ratings in the US and Europe, and perform better in pedestrian automatic emergency braking (AEB) intervention.
Today, we are taking the next step in Tesla Vision by removing ultrasonic sensors (USS) from Model 3 and Model Y. We will continue this rollout with Model 3 and Model Y, globally, over the next few months, followed by Model S and Model X in 2023.
Along with the removal of USS, we have simultaneously launched our vision-based occupancy network – currently used in Full Self-Driving (FSD) Beta – to replace the inputs generated by USS. With today’s software, this approach gives Autopilot high-definition spatial positioning, longer range visibility and ability to identify and differentiate between objects. As with many Tesla features, our occupancy network will continue to improve rapidly over time.
For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, including:
  • Park Assist: alerts you of surrounding objects when the vehicle is traveling <8 km/h.
  • Autopark: automatically maneuvers into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces.
  • Summon: manually moves your vehicle forward or in reverse via the Tesla app.
  • Smart Summon: navigates your vehicle to your location or location of your choice via the Tesla app.
In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates. All other available Autopilot, Enhanced Autopilot and Full Self-Driving capability features will be active at delivery, depending on order configuration.
Given the incremental improvements already achieved with Tesla Vision, and our roadmap of future Autopilot improvements and abilities, we are confident that this is the best strategy for the future of Autopilot and the safety of our customers.

Does the transition to Tesla Vision affect the availability of some features on vehicles delivered on or after October 2022?
For a short period of time during this transition, Tesla Vision vehicles that are not equipped with USS will be delivered with some features temporarily limited or inactive, which includes the features outlined in the table below.
Features*Equipped with USSNot equipped with USS
Forward Collision Warning
Automatic Emergency Braking
Lane Departure Warning / Avoidance
Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance
Pedal Misapplication Mitigation
Auto High Beam
Autowiper
Blind Spot Collision Warning Chime
AutoSteer**
Auto Lane Changes
Navigate on Autopilot
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control
Park AssistComing soon
AutoparkComing soon
SummonComing soon
Smart SummonComing soon
*Features listed are reflective of availability in North America. Features vary based on region and purchased Autopilot package.

**Autosteer maintains its 140 km/h top speed, which is the same as Tesla Vision vehicles equipped with USS.

In the near future, once these features achieve performance parity to today’s vehicles, they will be restored via a series of over-the-air software updates.

============================

Existing discussion threads on tesla vision here if you would like to read more about it on TMC:

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Luisito
Upvote 0
Thanks a million, God bless!
Can you please also advise how to use auto lane change?

In general, you would need to be in navigate on autopilot mode which is a double pull on the stalk, then signal for a lane change. That is, if its released in the UK (I am unaware if thats the case or not). I would recommend checking in with our UK and Ireland subforum to see if that feature is available there. It should be or they shouldnt be selling EAP (in my opinion) but This is Tesla we are talking about, so many times things they do dont make sense.

A link to details on how it works from tesla is in the tesla manual, to save you time looking for it here is a link to the manual and that feature:

As I mentioned though, I dont know if its fully available in the UK.

Upvote 0
when you purchased your model Y in the pre-purchase agreement, it stated that as they removed the ultrasonic sensors and transfer to visual, that certain functions will be disabled. That included summon these functions will be added by software update when available.

Upvote 0
That's some scary stuff. Official from Tesla, perhaps Stephen King or Dean Koontz is ghost writing for them? Which sort of makes sense, when you consider when parked in my carport, the big red semi on my left and the ghost of Christmas-Past, both flickering in and out of existence in this dimension. . . . . .

Auto High Beam: Works well for me. Not as good as Kia where the headlights aimed with the steering wheel, but okay. However, based on the complaints in these forums, apparently quite a few folks having trouble with them.
Autowiper: Not great, but acceptable.
Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance: WTF?? Does this mean if you get into the Emergency Lane, you simply can't get back out of it?
Pedal Misapplication Mitigation: I can't even imagine what this does, (or is supposed to do). Not ref in owner's or service manuals.

The rest of the stuff on the list really should have "coming soon", not check marks. So I don't view the removal of USS as any loss at all.

Upvote 0
That's some scary stuff. Official from Tesla, perhaps Stephen King or Dean Koontz is ghost writing for them? Which sort of makes sense, when you consider when parked in my carport, the big red semi on my left and the ghost of Christmas-Past, both flickering in and out of existence in this dimension. . . . . .

Auto High Beam: Works well for me. Not as good as Kia where the headlights aimed with the steering wheel, but okay. However, based on the complaints in these forums, apparently quite a few folks having trouble with them.
Autowiper: Not great, but acceptable.
Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance: WTF?? Does this mean if you get into the Emergency Lane, you simply can't get back out of it?
Pedal Misapplication Mitigation: I can't even imagine what this does, (or is supposed to do). Not ref in owner's or service manuals.

The rest of the stuff on the list really should have "coming soon", not check marks. So I don't view the removal of USS as any loss at all.
In regards to Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance; No, it does not mean that.

It works extremely well in my experience. Especially when manually driving and you are drifting out of your lane. Highly recommend turning it on. It’s a great safety feature.

From the manual:
2A927470-CAEA-4206-994D-607C650A0081.jpeg

Reactions: legendsk
Upvote 0