Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought my own winter tires...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where is the best location near Burlington to have them installed on my stock M3 rims? I’m a member of TOCO so maybe a discount on installation? Thanks in advance.
(Michelin X-ice 3)
I have used total tire in Burlington on Fairview between walkers and appleby. Not sure if they work on model 3, but I don't see why not. Was planning on using them as they did a good job on my previous cars .

Reactions: okeefe73
I asked out of curiosity and they were a firm no.

I went to Total Tire on Fairview and they did my install. I think I may have been their first Model 3 since they were not prepared to do the tire change for me originally even though I told them I had a M3.

I had to zip over to Canadian Tire to pick up some hockey pucks for them to put the vehicle on their lift.

Although they only officially open at 9AM, I'd suggest you show up at 8 AM to get your car in queue. They don't take appointments and it's on a first come first serve basis. I was there at 8:40 in the morning and I was queued for 2 PM. A lot of returning customers.

Good luck.

Thanks for asking. I have a reservation for today, but I guess I won't be going :(
I know others already said, but I also went to Kal Tire in Milton. They said they had probably done 30 Teslas prior to mine. I had no concerns. Also I was in and out in ~35mins (with appointment and I had previously dropped of my rims so they could have the tires mounted in advance) so the 20 min drive wasn't a big inconvenience.

Reactions: Sorabh
Strange, Im guessing that all Costco Tire Centres have different policies. The Costcos out here in Ottawa will lift the Mod3. Ill have to make sure im there when they are lifting it just to make sure they are using my jack-pads.
Yes each one is different. Shooting the breeze with the Burlington guy he cited the story about a US Costco damaging one years ago. But then told me he thinks Stoney Creek might do it because they always did and were comfortable with Teslas.

Reactions: Liquidmetal101
I know others already said, but I also went to Kal Tire in Milton. They said they had probably done 30 Teslas prior to mine. I had no concerns. Also I was in and out in ~35mins (with appointment and I had previously dropped of my rims so they could have the tires mounted in advance) so the 20 min drive wasn't a big inconvenience.
I actually called but they said this time of the season, they won't install tires not bought there. So that was a no go. Might have to just use tesla's contractors for the job I guess... $105 vs $60 at Costco

Strange, Im guessing that all Costco Tire Centres have different policies. The Costcos out here in Ottawa will lift the Mod3. Ill have to make sure im there when they are lifting it just to make sure they are using my jack-pads.

Nope, I don't think it's a policy thing, it depends who you speak to. Costco Kanata changed my winters a few weeks ago but someone else called them last week and was told they don't do Teslas. Need to make sure you're talking to someone who knows what they're talking about which is tough at this time of year - all these places are jammed.

Thanks for letting us know I am going there on Saturday and had major reservations around letting them install the tires. I feel a bit better now