Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bought Tesla Model Y from Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just pulled the trigger on a used 2021 Tesla Model Y for 66k from Tesla's website. It comes with FSD and it is the performance version and with red exterior paint. Do you guys that's a decent deal or should I wait it out? I don't need a car urgently but I liked this configuration and the price was fair.

Reactions: tashtibet
I have not. I have taken the model 3, model s, and the y for a test drive. I actually the drive of the model 3 the best in terms of handling, but problem was the space. I am 6ft and just fit better in the Y. The 3 felt cramped and the floor was high so my legs were uncomfortable. Plus I currently spend about 450-500 bucks on gas a month so that is one of the incentives for me switching.

Reactions: jpfive and tm1v2
I have not. I have taken the model 3, model s, and the y for a test drive. I actually the drive of the model 3 the best in terms of handling, but problem was the space. I am 6ft and just fit better in the Y. The 3 felt cramped and the floor was high so my legs were uncomfortable. Plus I currently spend about 450-500 bucks on gas a month so that is one of the incentives for me switching.
You’ll love it. Sounds well equipped and a fair deal. Congrats

Reactions: jpfive
Which model of the Y, LR or Performance? That aside if it is a LR, it's a decent price with FSD. FSD's value is about to go vertical as it's close to wide release.

OP got MYP...

So I just pulled the trigger on a used 2021 Tesla Model Y for 66k from Tesla's website. It comes with FSD and it is the performance version and with red exterior paint. Do you guys that's a decent deal or should I wait it out? I don't need a car urgently but I liked this configuration and the price was fair.

Reactions: thesmokingman

The very tricky problem with buying used is you are never quite sure what you are getting. There can always be undisclosed damages.
Buying used from Tesla mitigates those risks because Tesla gives some assurances that damages will be rectified at no cost to you, but the small print is worth thinking about:

1. You have to find the damages, and give Tesla timely notification
2. You get to deal with the aggravation, the service center visits, the parts supply delays, and any annoying Tesla employee you might encounter along the way.
3. There is a long list of damages that fall into 'wear and tear' that Tesla will not rectify.
4. When Tesla discounts a car heavily, they apparently do not feel obliged to disclose damages; and sometimes do not feel obliged to fix them at their cost either. After all, that is why they discounted the car in the first place.

I'll say this: If the car you are considering is cheaper that other similar cars Tesla is selling, there is a reason why. Excuse the cliche, but there are no free lunches. The best you can do is approach the deal wide-eyed, seek full disclosure, and then decide if the trade-offs are worth it.

My personal opinion: buying a used car is a gamble, and buying a used car sight unseen is farther than I care to go.

Reactions: Ciaopec
so far, no one has done FSD or autonomous-it's so easy to criticize it but being skeptic is Okay. It's a wait & see technology and I'm really excited. I think you got a good deal with FSD with the price.

Reactions: Olle
Not sure how anyone can say FSD is close to something resembling a finished product. It's not even the best system offered by a legacy automaker, let alone the companies dedicated to self driving. Tesla has failed to live up to its lofty claims and deadlines every year since 2015. I don't know if this is still the case, but they have given virtually no credit for trade-ins of their cars with "FSD."

• Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark and Daekwan
Not sure how anyone can say FSD is close to something resembling a finished product. It's not even the best system offered by a legacy automaker, let alone the companies dedicated to self driving. Tesla has failed to live up to its lofty claims and deadlines every year since 2015. I don't know if this is still the case, but they have given virtually no credit for trade-ins of their cars with "FSD."
What legacy automaker has anything close to what Tesla is doing with FSD? Name one that even recognizes stop signs/lights and can navigate an intersection. I won’t hold my breath waiting.

Reactions: bhzmark