Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brakes slamming on in cruise control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it’s a combination of several things.
  • Bridges. Caused by radar reflection, particularly noticeable in wet conditions.
  • Lane encroachment from other vehicles;
  • Legacy fleet speed for roadworks now removed;
  • Map speed errors caused by old map data.
At least 1 & 2 you can see and predict. 3 & 4 come out of nowhere.

Had a little jaunt up the M1 today - North Notts to Leeds SC, it was the worst journey I’ve had for phantom breaking. Also car was meandering between the lane markers more than I have previously noticed, it wasn’t ping- ponging as some have experienced in the past, but it wasn’t great, the car was also keeping uncomfortably left - turned it all off in the end :confused:

Was a bit disgruntled with the car, but the loaner is a 5 year old S P85D..... missing the 3! I shall be gruntled to get it back :)

Unfortunately I am not gruntled to have the M3 back, the car misbehaved even more on the way home, lots of unnecessary breaking and at one point it ‘bounced’ between the lane markings 3 times! When I got home and checked around the car it was filthy inside in the rear, serves me right for not checking it at the SC. And to top it all off the boot still leaks, ok less than it did, but it ain’t fixedo_O Snotty email sent to Tesla!

Yours disgruntled of Nottinghamshire

Did 70 motorway miles on Autopilot today, thankfully without issue but not a completely relaxing anxiety-free experience.

(...Tesla certainly do things differently - a car where you need to hover over the accelerator rather than brake pedal in case something dangerous happens o_O)