Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new M3 SR+ acceleration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All. Just got the delivery of a brand new M3 SR+. Trying to compare acceleration to my 45tfsi A4 using a racebox . As much as I tried, with full battery and no one in the car besides driver, can't get M3 bellow 7.5 sec to 100kmh....what am I doing wrong?

Was in standard from the begining..
Try powering the car off, wait 5 min, and then press brake pedal to wake it back up.

Then, go to settings, select Chill mode, and then select Standard mode again.

See if that works. Maybe it’s just a software glitch.

You also won’t need to time the race to test if it worked. You’ll know instantly if it worked because the torque will be significantly stronger.

Hey All. Just got the delivery of a brand new M3 SR+. Trying to compare acceleration to my 45tfsi A4 using a racebox . As much as I tried, with full battery and no one in the car besides driver, can't get M3 bellow 7.5 sec to 100kmh....what am I doing wrong?

Probably cold battery. Even if the car is parked outside in 80 degree weather, the battery may be cold. They battery also takes a long time to warm up to the temps required to provide full power... its not 5-10 minutes like an ICE vehicle.

If you want to test this, you can:

1. drive your car long enough to drain the battery down to at least 50% of its capacity, or even lower.
2. Plug it in and charge it back up to 90% capacity, either at home, or at a supercharger
3. Unplug it RIGHT after completing charging, then go test

Note, you dont have to see snowflake icon for the battery to be cold.