Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new model Y doors wont close due to window glass issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my car back today. I was asked to leave it there due to an AC issue that I reported when I went there for pickup earlier in the day. Later in the afternoon I was told it is ready for pickup. I asked again for confirmation that all problem are now fixed and they assured me of that. I picked it up and so far so good, took it for a test ride, all doors and windows work fine and AC works fine too. The first issue fix was described as "Module - Body Controller - RH (Remove & Replace)" and then the AC issue was described as necessary "software update" after the prior part replace, which they seem to have missed earlier. Just added the details here if it helps someone else seeing similar issues.

I got my car back today. I was asked to leave it there due to an AC issue that I reported when I went there for pickup earlier in the day. Later in the afternoon I was told it is ready for pickup. I asked again for confirmation that all problem are now fixed and they assured me of that. I picked it up and so far so good, took it for a test ride, all doors and windows work fine and AC works fine too. The first issue fix was described as "Module - Body Controller - RH (Remove & Replace)" and then the AC issue was described as necessary "software update" after the prior part replace, which they seem to have missed earlier. Just added the details here if it helps someone else seeing similar issues.
That's great. Hopefully all the worries were unnecessary and the problem is gone for good

So before I could try any of the tips from this thread, Tesla Remote Tech called and said they see an issue with computer on the right side of the car. They asked me to drop off the car at service center tomorrow for a repair. Will see how it goes tomorrow...
How were you able to drop off the car when the door won’t close? Interesting they suggest that. Did they call a tow truck?

I've just taken delivery yesterday of a MY, my first Tesla and first brand new car. Drove it a little yesterday, and ran into the problem you've highlighted this morning. Ended up scratching the paint on the metal trim on the drivers door having no option but to force the door closed as I have no secure place to store the car and didn't want to just leave the door open.

Was on the phone to Roadside for 30 minutes before they said "ok we'll see if we can get someone out to you, they should call you in a few minutes"...it's now been over an hour.

I knew Tesla's had terrible build quality issues but I was hoping it was just the loudest minority but seems I'm yet another statistic....

Really, really disappointed, and as you say @ragamy2022 it has completely destroyed my confidence in the car in less than 24 hours of ownership. I now am going to be paranoid at every little thing going wrong.

I had one or two issues over 4 years of ownership with my previous Range Rover, but luckily they weren't anything that literally prevented me from driving. Just the automatic tailgate not working and issues with bluetooth. My previous TWO BMW's had 0 issues in 3 years ownership each.

I've wanted a Tesla for years and it turns out the anticipation far beats the reality here. Hoping they can sort it out and fingers crossed that's the only issue I have over the next 3/4 years .

Reactions: smilepak
Nearly 2 hours later and been told they can't sort anything at home, will need to take it to a Service Centre over 70 miles away (!) and she was taken aback when I said I of course need some kind of loaner car in that time! (I have kids, I need car seats, taxi's aren't gonna work even if they did credit me).

So now I have to await for them to call me back again, maybe 20 minutes, 2 hours, 2 days? And hope they aren't so overburdened by servicing shoddy vehicles that it can be returned to me properly fixed in a swift manner AND hope they have a loaner to spare.

Call me spoiled but I already miss the level of customer care from my previous manufacturers...

Reactions: smilepak
@lakefiller
>>> "That's great. Hopefully all the worries were unnecessary and the problem is gone for good"

Hope so, hoping for a long and worry free ownership going forward.

@smilepak
>>> "How were you able to drop off the car when the door won’t close? Interesting they suggest that. Did they call a tow truck?"

Do not know what clicked, but after leaving the two passenger side doors open for the night, on the next morning I was able to roll the windows down all the way using the buttons on driver side (I did try that the night before and they wont budge). That allowed me to close the doors and then roll up the windows, so was able to drive it to the service center.

@kpatel91
Sorry you are also going through this. Friends and family that bought Tesla before me and were really the influence on me to pull the trigger had no such issues. I was the unlucky one, and it appears you got a bad apple too, apparently so did @tienngo1012 who chimed in on this thread. Fortunately for me the service center is not that far as in your case. About loaner, even in my case they said they can not give me a loaner and gave me Uber credit. Hopefully they can resolve your car issues soon. I do agree that such major issues that render a brand new car underivable must not happen, at least not at this frequency -- going by complaints I have herd on this forum and when I was at the service center these appear to be more often than one would think.

Reactions: Maric and smilepak