Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand new Model Y noise while parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is very faint. It's not a "new" noise, it's a normal noise that you're not used to. As long as the car is awake, it runs a pump to circulate the coolant. After a drive the car stays awake for a while before going to sleep. Can be 5 minutes, can be more than an hour. The car will also wake up by itself when it feels like it for various reasons, one of them being to charge the 12V battery. All is normal.

Could be cooling the battery pack if the Model Y had just been driven.

Could be remaining powered on to charge the 12V battery; for up to 2 hours.

Could be measuring the open cell voltage (OCV) of the cells within the battery; an arcane process that takes at least a couple of hours. The Tesla Model Y will periodically measure the OCV to better calibrate the battery management system.

typical Tesla, it will last up to a few hours. since moving it out of garage is not option for me, I installed 240v charging, solely because I want its charging noise ends sooner.
my eGolf is completely silent within 5 minutes after parking and very quiet during charging. I agree eGolf is not even close to Tesla.

I wonder if it's the same noise I'm annoyed about (the 2nd noise in my video below)? What's most annoying is that I bought a Model Y for car camping - and when I park, I can hear a permanent buzzing noise from below the MCU - sounds like speaker interference - it's at 370Hz frequency.
But also there's also another pulsing fan/pump noise that is permanently audible (180Hz when the car is awake, drops to 150Hz when I put it into "Power Off" state). No AC running, and the car has been parked for an hour.

Both of these would prevent me from falling asleep.

It's currently in service with Tesla for these noise issues, and I've made this video to help them diagnose.

If anyone has any further input, it would be greatly appreciated!

I wonder if it's the same noise I'm annoyed about (the 2nd noise in my video below)? What's most annoying is that I bought a Model Y for car camping - and when I park, I can hear a permanent buzzing noise from below the MCU - sounds like speaker interference - it's at 370Hz frequency.
But also there's also another pulsing fan/pump noise that is permanently audible (180Hz when the car is awake, drops to 150Hz when I put it into "Power Off" state). No AC running, and the car has been parked for an hour.

Both of these would prevent me from falling asleep.

It's currently in service with Tesla for these noise issues, and I've made this video to help them diagnose.

If anyone has any further input, it would be greatly appreciated!
I’m having the same humming noise with my Model Y 2023 near the touchscreen. Were you ever able to figure out the problem and have it resolved? Very annoying!