Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brand New Vehicle Still on v9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery almost a week ago, and my LR X, manufactured in October, is still stuck on v9. I'm annoyed that I ordered my vehicle after v10 was released and it was even built after v10 was released, and yet my vehicle still hasn't received the update. I even paid goty FSD and have Advanced updates turned on, and yet still nothing. I've been plugged in and connected to strong WiFi every night since I got it.

I might call Tesla tomorrow if nothing happens again tonight, since this seems a little silly for me to still be on software that's over a month old after paying extra for FSD and Early Access. Anyone have any wisdom to share on getting the X to update? I've tried powering down for 5 minutes via the menu and doing a reset using the steering wheel buttons, not no dice so far. It seems like I'm just at the mercy of Tesla right now.

I'm in the same boat. Had someone from mobile service push an update... and he pushed the latest v9 :/ I've read over at the official tesla forums to call your service center to push the update to you. I might need to do that.

I'm in the same boat. Had someone from mobile service push an update... and he pushed the latest v9 :/ I've read over at the official tesla forums to call your service center to push the update to you. I might need to do that.

I did online chat with support today and they told me there was an error when they tried to push the update so he submitted a ticket to try to resolve that. He said it could take up to 3 business days, so we'll see if anything changes.

I did online chat with support today and they told me there was an error when they tried to push the update so he submitted a ticket to try to resolve that. He said it could take up to 3 business days, so we'll see if anything changes.
I called the Tesla service number and spoke with a guy. He said my car is just part of a batch that's turn hasn't come up yet and just to wait. He said he couldn't push v10 to me so I guess i have no choice but to wait. I got an update this morning, but it was just a newer version of v9.

I called the Tesla service number and spoke with a guy. He said my car is just part of a batch that's turn hasn't come up yet and just to wait. He said he couldn't push v10 to me so I guess i have no choice but to wait. I got an update this morning, but it was just a newer version of v9.

I received the v10 update late this morning and was able to install it. Took longer to install than expected (45 min instead of 25 like it estimated) but it installed just fine. Not sure if my call to them yesterday made a difference or not, but at least I was able to watch Netflix at the Supercharger today!

Hope it gets installed for you soon!

Reactions: enjen
I also just took delivery Nov 11. I contacted the online chat and they said I'd have v10 in less than a week and that because I just took delivery, they cannot push v10.

Seems odd that they wouldn't be able to push it.

Probably needs to get the various systems synced up. Give a week or so and V10 should show up. To me, It's a nice upgrade, but nothing to get to stressed about.

I'd agree but since I've only seen V10 features, it's a letdown considering 2020 vehicles should have V10 pre-installed

Tesla is not like other car companies. Years really don't matter much. When they have a feature they release it. And that includes things like hardware changes and software. Case in point, MCU 2 needed for a number of the new V10 features, was shipped mid March 2018. Cars built in March 2018 with MUC 1 will not get these features.

I opened another service appointment with Tesla on this. The tech just texted me and noted that my vehicle is not marked "Delivered" in their system. As a result, it would hold any firmware updates. He is going to follow up with the delivery team tomorrow to correct it. We'll see if that is/was in fact the problem and allows me to get V10.