Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Breakers recommendation for decades old panel.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Any help here.

I’m looking for some recommendations for drop in modem day replacements for some of the breakers in my 50+ year old electrical panel. Some of the breakers need to be swapped out for various reasons and I also want to fill in the last remaining slot.

See attached photo of the panel and it’s (mostly dated) Murray breakers.

09983549-4F22-4EAF-81DC-27A7F7252A3A.png

Breakers for Murray panels are still made(by Siemens now). Its not like you have much choice.

Just checking that they still have the type that work with my old as dirt breaker?

Siemens, who owns Murray states back in 2019 that they were phasing out the Murray product so confirming the type I need for my panel is actually still in production.

Anyone have part numbers for the 15, 20 and 30 amp breakers that are replacements for the breakers on my picture - as attached in the above photo.

Thanks again.

You may indeed have trouble finding replacements for those. I think I'm reading that those are 'Style EP' breakers and seimens doesn't seem to make replacements for them. Maybe www.swgr.com can supply some, but they'll probably be expensive.

I'm not a professional, and you might want to talk to one since they might have better cross-reference knowledge.

If you are planning to spend hundreds on breakers to keep this old panel alive, consider just replacing the panel with a modern one where the entire panel and breakers will cost low hundreds at most.