Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrician and work recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon was right that no one uses the mobile charger.
Actually, I use it all the time, but as the home EVSE, since I had a suitable outlet already (the old EVSE plugged into it did not play well with the car).

Such use is probably the vast majority of mobile connector use, and is probably not that rare.

Use while traveling is probably declining, probably to only in campgrounds and vacation cabins.

Reactions: Rocky_H
I do not consider the permit to be optional. Improperly installed EVSE have caused fires and property damage.

Menlo Park and other jurisdictions take this pretty seriously, and they have your interests in mind with these rules.
I agree - I checked w west palm beach inspection Dept and yes required - one electric quoted $350 for permit - another said he would not do a permit for “such a small job”— if you file it yourself aprx $100 but some liability/ and you have to call them for a final inspection

I agree - I checked w west palm beach inspection Dept and yes required - one electric quoted $350 for permit - another said he would not do a permit for “such a small job”— if you file it yourself aprx $100 but some liability/ and you have to call them for a final inspection
I would not pull an owner builder permit when I hired an electrician to do the job. You could be liable if they hurt themselves on the job.

Reactions: alangold
Have an electrician coming in tomorrow to install the wall connector, and we are definitely getting a permit through the city. He did charge me $600 for that service, because of course he needs to come back on site when the inspector visits. Have been told that on average an inspector does not spend more than 10 minutes on site; a lot of money but at least with a permit I can rest easy. Hopefully the M3 is on its way soon and the wall connector can get to work instead of just sitting pretty on a wall.