Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brent Cross Charging Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

IAmNotARobot

M3LR: Tony Spark
Aug 23, 2021
Uk
Because the planning for the Leavesden supercharger site has been refused again, it looks like I will be relying on Brent Cross for most of my charging needs.

Anyone here also use Brent Cross supercharger regularly? What's your experience with it? What are the best times to go and also avoid?

Never charged their as there are only 2 stalls and it has been full ever time I was there. Not sure I’d want to rely on that one - if Leavesden was an option though how about South Mimms? 8 stalls and a motorway services on hand for refreshments and toilets while you wait …

Reactions: IAmNotARobot
Never charged their as there are only 2 stalls and it has been full ever time I was there. Not sure I’d want to rely on that one - if Leavesden was an option though how about South Mimms? 8 stalls and a motorway services on hand for refreshments and toilets while you wait …
You know you're right, I never considered South Mimms as an option. I travel up the M1 regularly so I just mental noted, Brent Cross and Leavesden as my nearest options.

Real shame they don't put more super chargers at Brent cross, plenty of space to install

You know you're right, I never considered South Mimms as an option. I travel up the M1 regularly so I just mental noted, Brent Cross and Leavesden as my nearest options.

Real shame they don't put more super chargers at Brent cross, plenty of space to install
S Mimms has always be crammed every time I've been there. And cramped too.

Brent Cross will likely be Europes biggest charge hub soon with Tesla involved too. The link below is just Phase 1. More than 1000 chargers total planned.

Brent Cross will likely be Europes biggest charge hub soon with Tesla involved too. The link below is just Phase 1. More than 1000 chargers total planned.

Plans are just that, phase 1 is still good but slightly less ambitious with 50 x 22KW and a couple of 350KW. The article mentions 236 chargers, where does the 1000 come from?

Didn't see any mention of Tesla in the article, but hopefully they get in on the action. And hopefully with these other chargers they're installing, the charge cost is reasonable

Plans are just that, phase 1 is still good but slightly less ambitious with 50 x 22KW and a couple of 350KW. The article mentions 236 chargers, where does the 1000 come from?
Someone in the know

Unfortunately temporary hampered by a recent news article. Things should move forward soon.

This is the unfortunate part about the Brent Cross superchargers. I tend to go in the evenings and it can be quite quiet but I wouldn't expect to find a free bay in the middle of the day. Also, the car park has a quite unforgiving width restriction (lots of scrape marks on the bollards) to enter it just in case that isn't enough of a deterrent.

It may be worth registering with a 3rd party network. They're still quite cheap (not supercharger cheap) but they save the inconvenience of having to be confined to supercharger routes. Best of luck!