Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bristol delivery collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all, I’m new to this group.
I am collecting my model 3 from the new “Hub” at Bristol on February 9th.
Yesterday I received a sketchy email from Tesla informing me that due to the Hub not being up and running,
collection will be ”somewhere” in the uncovered car park, and I am to follow signage.
This is not what I’m used to when collecting a new car, in fact , I’m sceptical about the whole affair.
Am I overthinking this?
Has anyone collected from this facility recently? Anyone with any experience at all with Bristol?
Would welcome any tips or comments.
Cheers
Graham186

@Graham186

Yes I collected mine from Bristol in December. Basically you’ll want Car Park J, you should see a couple of Tesla logos at the end of the car park towards near where the Boots entrance is. Good chance the car you’re collecting will be parked around there, so you’ll get to take a good look at it beforehand.

Go into the Mall through Boots and turn immediately left, go into the Tesla store and let them know you’re collecting. They’ll take your details, and then take you through a service exit back out to the car park where you’ll have a decent opportunity to look over the inside and outside of the car. Don’t feel pressured, take your time and when you’re satisfied, you’ll likely need to go back into the store so they can hit the button and assign the car to you once all paperwork is done.

It’s not ideal, but it was a pretty easy process. Mine had marks on the seats where the ‘valet team’ clearly had dirty shoes or clothes on, which they needed to sort before I accepted the car, which took them 20 minutes or so of elbow grease. Wasn’t a great first impression but no huge issue really.

My car came with 80% charge so I didn’t have any need to charge it further, though if you do I believe there are destination chargers they use for prep, or there are superchargers somewhere in the car parks.

Good luck!

Hello all, I’m new to this group.
I am collecting my model 3 from the new “Hub” at Bristol on February 9th.
Yesterday I received a sketchy email from Tesla informing me that due to the Hub not being up and running,
collection will be ”somewhere” in the uncovered car park, and I am to follow signage.
This is not what I’m used to when collecting a new car, in fact , I’m sceptical about the whole affair.
Am I overthinking this?
Has anyone collected from this facility recently? Anyone with any experience at all with Bristol?
Would welcome any tips or comments.
Cheers
Graham186
The new one isn’t at Cribs causeway anymore - I can’t find where I saw the postcode but it was sure it’s more central bristol.

@Graham186

Yes I collected mine from Bristol in December. Basically you’ll want Car Park J, you should see a couple of Tesla logos at the end of the car park towards near where the Boots entrance is. Good chance the car you’re collecting will be parked around there, so you’ll get to take a good look at it beforehand.

Go into the Mall through Boots and turn immediately left, go into the Tesla store and let them know you’re collecting. They’ll take your details, and then take you through a service exit back out to the car park where you’ll have a decent opportunity to look over the inside and outside of the car. Don’t feel pressured, take your time and when you’re satisfied, you’ll likely need to go back into the store so they can hit the button and assign the car to you once all paperwork is done.

It’s not ideal, but it was a pretty easy process. Mine had marks on the seats where the ‘valet team’ clearly had dirty shoes or clothes on, which they needed to sort before I accepted the car, which took them 20 minutes or so of elbow grease. Wasn’t a great first impression but no huge issue really.

My car came with 80% charge so I didn’t have any need to charge it further, though if you do I believe there are destination chargers they use for prep, or there are superchargers somewhere in the car parks.

Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. The collection operation has now moved to Portbury, or so I’m led to believe. Will post thoughts later in the week.

Reactions: DM206433
I had a look on Google maps and couldn't see anything Tesla related so just hoping the specific location is obvious on the day 😁
Well, I picked up my 3 yesterday, so the site definitely exists! If you can locate the Renault site on The Drove, then you follow the Lane to the left of their main gate. Was it an enjoyable experience? not really. Stood in a very large car park, in the rain. The two staff members were very efficient and polite and ensured us that their new reception centre would be up and running by the end of the week. So fingers crossed for you. Having said that, the Tesla looks pretty good sat on my drive this morning.😄

Believe someone mentioned in another thread that it was located here:

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 10.58.59.png

Are you able to confirm?

I collected from Bristol. No they are not inside. Take over is done in the car park of the shopping centre. Customer service is fine, got the car, had a hand over, no issues and left within 15 mins of getting the keys. If you want a big special, unique hand over this isn’t the place for it. If you want the keys and be on your way, this is where to go. That said there were plenty of staff on hand to assist with any issues you may find.

@Graham186

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. I have my 3 now. Collected it yesterday from an as yet unfinished new unit at Portbury Dock. When I say unfinished, it was just a car park! No frills there…

Reactions: DM206433