Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bristol delivery collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone collected their new model 3 from Bristol yet?

Im wondering how good their service is and if they have the cars inside and dry ready for inspection.

I’m also starting to wonder if that collecting from Bristol will be adding to the delay as they can’t handle as many cars as Heathrow.

I’m collecting my New Tesla off the inventory from Heathrow but finding it hard to be given a confirmed date, it’s hard enough trying to even speak to someone. I know it’s already in London but that’s it. I suppose I just need to be patient but it would help to be given a date as my car is being sold.

There is no standard amount - you get what its got (we had 30%), although some delivery centres seem to take onward journey requirements into consideration, but not all - West Drayton just point you at the 5 (?) superchargers out the front - not great for several hundred car per day delivery but other superchargers are within reach of 30% SOC.

I'm collecting from Bristol on 2nd March. All their test drive cars are in an open air car park to the rear of their mall unit that you access via the service corridors, and I would imagine that's where collections will be.

The nearest covered parking is a good 5-10 minute walk through the mall and out of John Lewis and that's just a public car park bar another 2 Tesla Superchargers, so I can't imagine they'll use that area.

I’m also starting to wonder if that collecting from Bristol will be adding to the delay as they can’t handle as many cars as Heathrow.

I would expect a more personal service from a smaller outlet ...

... but that may well mean longer wait to get a car if less handover-throughput available.

Heathrow shifts a lot of cars a day. Good and bad of course, but they are tooled up for it. I've used Heathrow specifically for that reason.

I wouldn't expect the hand-over to be any less competent, and quite possibly if there is snagging to be fixed they might be more able?

I selected Bristol when I placed my order and it only gave the Mall address rather than the Service Centre (which I would have expected/preferred).

I also found the same with Birmingham (its further for me but same time on public transport), they offered the showroom in the shopping mall rather than the Digbeth (IIRC) service centre.

I would rather collect from a service centre because if there are any issues on collection they can potentially be rectified before signing paperwork over.

I too assumed Bristol meant the SC rather than the mall store, but as said there was no option to select the SC when ordering.

So is it the case that the mall location has no covered area for handover? That's pretty crap if it's raining etc.

I'm over 100 miles from Birmingham or Heathrow so Bristol seemed like the logical choice in terms of being able to flag issues within the 7 day/100 mile window.

I selected Bristol when I placed my order and it only gave the Mall address rather than the Service Centre (which I would have expected/preferred).

I also found the same with Birmingham (its further for me but same time on public transport), they offered the showroom in the shopping mall rather than the Digbeth (IIRC) service centre.

I would rather collect from a service centre because if there are any issues on collection they can potentially be rectified before signing paperwork over.

The delivery centre in Birmingham is in the Jewellery quarter - Summer Hill Road

The site in Digbeth is the service centre only and you can't collect cars from there.