Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bristol delivery collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked mine up from Bristol today. 90% charge. One small chip on the edge of the bonnet and the bumper alignment could have been better on one side but overall it was a great experience. Dylan seems to be doing all the heavy-lifting on collection days.

Took it for a spin up to the Membury supercharger and the back home to sit on the drive and update software via my mobile. Unfortunately my Wi-fi signal isn’t strong enough to reach the drive.

Rather than WiFi signal the actual car's antennae doesn't seem to be that sensitive. My phone picks up my WiFi with 4 bars, and it doesn't even appear on my SR+. I managed to fix it by manually inputting the SSID and password and then it saw it with 0-1 bars, but speed seems ok for updates, so give that a try before splurging on an extender.

Rather than WiFi signal the actual car's antennae doesn't seem to be that sensitive. My phone picks up my WiFi with 4 bars, and it doesn't even appear on my SR+. I managed to fix it by manually inputting the SSID and password and then it saw it with 0-1 bars, but speed seems ok for updates, so give that a try before splurging on an extender.
Do you know how big these updates are?

I'm most likely going to have to tether to my phone for wifi - I have 'unlimited' data but want to gauge whether it's going to be an issue!

Collected my SR+ from Bristol yesterday, along with two others.

Dylan single-handedly took care of us; signing to start the delivery process and getting the app working and completing finance where required. Then we had a brief presentation that covered the absolute basics (key, stalks, screen, cruise, charging and service) before heading out (through a secret passage!) to our cars. He hung around while we dialled in our settings and ensuring the key access was working and for any other questions.

Total time was probably about 45 minutes. Hygiene was important - they had hand sanitisers and cleaning wipes around for you to use.

Reactions: Durzel
Collected my SR+ from Bristol yesterday, along with two others.

Dylan single-handedly took care of us; signing to start the delivery process and getting the app working and completing finance where required. Then we had a brief presentation that covered the absolute basics (key, stalks, screen, cruise, charging and service) before heading out (through a secret passage!) to our cars. He hung around while we dialled in our settings and ensuring the key access was working and for any other questions.

Total time was probably about 45 minutes. Hygiene was important - they had hand sanitisers and cleaning wipes around for you to use.

At 12pm today? I was one of the others! A white SR+ and I’m absolutely over the moon with it.

I had one issue though. My boot liner wasn’t properly fitted on the left hand side near the light cluster. Ranger booked in to sort.

Dylan was fantastic!!

How early did you get there? My appointment is at 12pm and I'm aiming to get there at least an hour early so I can have a walk around the car and do a visual inspection before I even speak to anyone, just in case there is anything obvious.

Thanks for the update :)

At 12pm today? I was one of the others! A white SR+ and I’m absolutely over the moon with it.

I had one issue though. My boot liner wasn’t properly fitted on the left hand side near the light cluster. Ranger booked in to sort.

Dylan was fantastic!!

I was there 2pm on Wednesday. There was a white LR and a Red Performance being collected along with my MSM SR+

How early did you get there? My appointment is at 12pm and I'm aiming to get there at least an hour early so I can have a walk around the car and do a visual inspection before I even speak to anyone, just in case there is anything obvious.

Thanks for the update :)

I had planned to get there about 30 mins before collection to have a look around before heading into the store. I ended up getting there about 40-50 mins early and watched them manoeuvring the cars into place (including mine!) and doing final checks. I did wander into the store early but was advised to come back for the group session time.

I was there 2pm on Wednesday. There was a white LR and a Red Performance being collected along with my MSM SR+

I had planned to get there about 30 mins before collection to have a look around before heading into the store. I ended up getting there about 40-50 mins early and watched them manoeuvring the cars into place (including mine!) and doing final checks. I did wander into the store early but was advised to come back for the group session time.
Ah sorry, misread it!

Re: timings, I got there pretty much bang on time and was out within 35-40mins - Dylan was great.

I’m wondering whether The Mall is still going to be open by Friday? Is it classed as a “leisure centre”, which are now being directed to close as soon as possible.

How was the handover yesterday @timnd ? Were you completely isolated from the staff and others?

How was the handover yesterday @timnd ? Were you completely isolated from the staff and others?

Yes, pretty much. The store was empty when we got there, apart from a couple of staff. I told them we'd come for a collection, one of them (he was Welsh, so Dylan I guess?) went out the back to check. When he came back he told us he could see that we'd paid and had insurance, so got me to sign on his phone. That was the closest we got.

So no video? And they didn’t do any kind of training? Just trying to work out what I’ll need to know in advance.

Nope, just got taken straight out the back to the car park. I'd had a test drive a couple of weeks ago, so knew the basic controls.

I was asked whether I knew my way around the car, so I'm assuming they'd have put the video on / done some kind of demo if I'd wanted.

• Informative