Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken Charge Port Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how it happened, but last week when I opened the charge port to my Model Y, I discovered the door was broken in two (car is less than a month old). I managed to superglue it back together but…it shows. So, I ordered a new charge port cover (only, not whole mechanism) on eBay. Now that it is coming this week I realize I don’t know how to “pop” off old door to replace it. I’ve searched the web and I can’t find the answer.

Any suggestions?

Here are two photos. One from the inside of door (hinge on left), crack along bottom right). Second photo is of
the outside of door.
IMG_1071.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1070.jpeg
    IMG_1070.jpeg
    329.1 KB · Views: 98
Upvote 0
Okay folks, I followed the instructions that came with the replacement Charge Port Door. I pried the old one off, attached the new one. I was going to superglue it, but it stuck by itself (must be magnetic.)

Good as new

Attachments

• IMG_4086.jpeg
    IMG_4086.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0
Okay folks, I followed the instructions that came with the replacement Charge Port Door. I pried the old one off, attached the new one. I was going to superglue it, but it stuck by itself (must be magnetic.)

Good as new
Do you mind posting the instructions, thanks. I have a similarly broken charge port door. I took the charge port off I don't see how you can just pry it off and have the new one just pop in with magnets. It was attached to the charge port door arm using 2 Torx screws. Like this video

Upvote 0

Good as new
Hey so my door isn't "broken" off but it doesn't open with the manual push and also doesn't open with the charger button. How much did you pay for the replacement and was it hard?

Upvote 0