Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Broken wall charger or charging port?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks. I know I've seen this here before, but I can't find the thread. Basically, part of the pin for the wall charger or charging port broke off, and I can't tell which side is broken. Can someone check out their wall charger and see if both pins are white (like the left side)? Or if they have a black ring around it (right side). I'm assuming it's all white, which would mean part of the charging port broke off into the charger. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_231649.jpg
    IMG_20191222_231649.jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 94
The tip of the plastic cover around a pin in your charge port has broken off and lodged in the HPWC handle. I was able to turn off the circuit breaker to the HPWC and fish the plastic ring out using a small knife. It shouldn't be in there too tightly. The black side is the extra plastic part (which you'll also see missing on your car). Everything should still work OK, but the charger won't work for any other car that is not missing the same plastic piece. Tesla replaced my charge port at a later service.