Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brother labels on door a bad idea?

What do you think about labels on the door controls?

• Good idea to help people out with the door controls

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Your wife is right, have some self respect and remove it.

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Atari2600

Oct 4, 2017
Cincinnati
I decided to print some labels to help people understand the door handles. It’s white on black tape so I don’t think it’s that bad but the wife says never but label maker stuff in a car of any price range. What do you think?

146F940D-782F-49D1-96AD-DF96D5E0A549.jpeg

I decided to print some labels to help people understand the door handles. It’s white on black tape so I don’t think it’s that bad but the wife says never but label maker stuff in a car of any price range. What do you think?

View attachment 374323

I purchased these...because they still allow the light on the button to show.

Door Release Buttons

Reactions: Scrutmonkey
Don't label them. If nothing else, it will probably start looking really bad as it gets dirty and starts peeling off.

Do you have that many new riders? For me "button on top" seems to work really well.

If you want to have fun, then go through the pre-flight briefing as pilots do.
  • When I say head against the headrest, I mean it.
  • To exist hot the top button
  • In the event that an accident has happened and the top button does not work, use the emergency release handle.

Do you have that many new riders? For me "button on top" seems to work really well.
It's random. Someone will ride with me to a meeting at work and they are back in 4 weeks later and forget and pull the release again. Same with relatives. I may split the difference and just use the door icon and take the emergency release off.
They make a white on clear tape that may look a tad better than white on black. I only installed this on the front passenger door as a test.

I wish I could just silkscreen something instead of using tape but there is no undo button with that. I also agree tape will not last and will probably require Goo-Gone when it fails.

I am not covering the light.

Which update added that?

Ever since my delivery (end of March 2018), the window drops down when using the manual lever. It was one of the first things I tried with my door to try to understand what trim might be damaged. It's never been clear to me how the trim could be damaged unless the window didn't come down at all. But it does..... And assuming some firmware added this feature, why not disable the warning on the touchscreen?

Also, the window comes down instantly when the lever releases the latch. It's not as if you were to suddenly open the door, the window wouldn't clear the trim yet.

I wrapped my door handles from RPMTesla, it completely covers the emergency levers and no one ever pulls them as they don't even know they exist. A much more elegant solution IMO.

Here is a pic of the drivers side door, sorry for the dust/hairs probably need to clean my interior here soon!
AYL7M8U.jpg

Reactions: DriveMe
It's random. Someone will ride with me to a meeting at work and they are back in 4 weeks later and forget and pull the release again. Same with relatives. I may split the difference and just use the door icon and take the emergency release off.
They make a white on clear tape that may look a tad better than white on black. I only installed this on the front passenger door as a test.

I wish I could just silkscreen something instead of using tape but there is no undo button with that. I also agree tape will not last and will probably require Goo-Gone when it fails.

I've honestly NEVER had anyone find the manual release, let alone use it.
I guess I have a different group of friends.