Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Browser History - Valet Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a url that contains a token that is sensitive since it gives access to my home automation system that can unlock my doors, etc. If I turn on Valet Mode, it restricts access to Favorites, but not from opening the browser and clicking Back to land on the url I am trying to hide. Is there a way to clear your browser history without erasing all personal data?

Lastly, when bringing in the car for service, Can you put it in Valet mode? Or does Tesla SC's require additional access?

I have a url that contains a token that is sensitive since it gives access to my home automation system that can unlock my doors, etc. If I turn on Valet Mode, it restricts access to Favorites, but not from opening the browser and clicking Back to land on the url I am trying to hide. Is there a way to clear your browser history without erasing all personal data?

Lastly, when bringing in the car for service, Can you put it in Valet mode? Or does Tesla SC's require additional access?
Tesla requires full access and can take it out of Valet Mode by themselves. Regarding your browser token...I also have a home security/automation system, Alarm.com, and I have found that the Tesla browser doesn't save passwords or tokens. Are you sure it's saving it?

Tesla requires full access and can take it out of Valet Mode by themselves. Regarding your browser token...I also have a home security/automation system, Alarm.com, and I have found that the Tesla browser doesn't save passwords or tokens. Are you sure it's saving it?

So I figured out a way to hide the URL from valet mode. Navigate to another website, reboot console by pressing both round buttons on steering wheel and then after it reboots, activate Valet mode. This stops anyone from going to favorites or navigating with back button. This won't help bringing to SC though.

The token is actually in the URL. That is the issue.

Also the page doesn't load properly sometimes on my browser. Is there a way to "kill" the browser and restart it?

So I figured out a way to hide the URL from valet mode. Navigate to another website, reboot console by pressing both round buttons on steering wheel and then after it reboots, activate Valet mode. This stops anyone from going to favorites or navigating with back button. This won't help bringing to SC though.

The token is actually in the URL. That is the issue.

Also the page doesn't load properly sometimes on my browser. Is there a way to "kill" the browser and restart it?
Not sure, I always thought it closes when it's replaced with another app on the screen.