TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Browser Questions...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Struja, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

It's been about a month (maybe longer) that google no longer works on the Tesla browser.

I know that in December (2017) Tesla announced they would be rolling out a new browser or maybe updating the existing one, can't remember exactly.

I also see that that roll out started in and around March 2018, so I have a few questions...

1. Is anyone else having issues with google in their browser?

2. Is there a fix?

3. Is there a new web browser on the way and is it for all cars or just cars with the new MCU?

4. If there is a new browser, is it a part of an update, if so, which one? I am currently on 2018.26 3bbd9fd

I'd appreciate any insight.

2. Sorabh

Sorabh Member

Model S , I have no issues with google search. Other than videos it works with most sites.

3. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

New MCU or old?

4. Sorabh

Sorabh Member

New.

5. wanche

wanche Member

Browser still not working properly (old MCU), I should say not usable... it render most of pages, but super slow, even with 4 bars of LTE connection.

6. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Yeah, I have the old and google doesn’t work anymore.