Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buffalo, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Mr. Bigby on the Eastern Canada Supercharger thread:

I know it's not really part of the Eastern Canada Superchargers thread, but there seems to be movement on the Buffalo supercharger as well. I received an e-mail from a PlugShare contact today:

"Tesla is meeting at Clarence town court at 7:45 pm on November 5 to get permit for supercharger on transit road. Please show up for support if you can."

Unfortunately I'll be out of town on that date, but if anyone happens to be in the Buffalo area, I'm sure they would appreciate the support.

Here is the Town Board agenda. Tesla is requesting a special exemption use permit at 4455 Transit Road.

Last edited:
The town hall meeting was a great success! Here's the full report from RonaldA from the TM forums:

"First I would like to thank those that were able to attend the Clarence town meeting and spoke in favor of the supercharger last night. It was a pleasure meeting you and a happy result with the permit unanimously approved by the board. The supercharger will be in the plaza at the corner of route5 and transit road next to the key bank. There will be 8 stations and I am told they expect it to be completed by the end of December.I did take the guys from Tesla to Duffs and had some conversations. I was told the permitting for the Syracuse charger would be relatively soon (w/in a couple of weeks) and they anticipate that charger to be installed "soon". I asked if this was a Tesla soon or the real definition of soon and the assured me it was a real soon probably in January if all goes well. The also said the idea was to build out superchargers so 60kwh cars could travel wherever they needed to go. They stated that a supercharger in every city along the 90 in NY was part of the plan including possibly Rochester and probably Utica. I emphasized the need in Erie PA to bridge the gap between Buffalo and the supercharger highway starting in Cleveland or Cranberry PA. Currently Cranberry is the closest supercharger on this stretch of the 90 and is a 209 mile trek. Not really in 60kwh range especially in winter (I'm trying it with my p85 at the end of November ). I also encouraged the Ithaca/Binghamton site to open up the southern tier and the I81 routes.They said with superchargers its generally feast or famine for installs and we are headed toward another feast! I was very encouraged. For those in Syracuse please let us know when the permit meeting is I for one would love to attend!"

Last edited:
Just got this response back from the Supercharger team when I suggested an Erie supercharger. Looks promising for the Erie area which is much needed to get from Buffalo to the southern states. They should at least put a dot on the 2015 supercharger map!

Thank you for your email and feedback. We are actively working to bring a Supercharger to the Erie, PA area.
Our experience with delays through all phases of the deployment process has led to our approach of communicating firm timing only when we are sure a specific site is ready for our owners to use.
Keep checking our website for new site announcements. We appreciate your enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thanks,
The Tesla Supercharger Team

Just got this response back from the Supercharger team when I suggested an Erie supercharger. Looks promising for the Erie area which is much needed to get from Buffalo to the southern states. They should at least put a dot on the 2015 supercharger map!

I have it on good authority that Erie is on it's way...the question is when. If Erie has on-line planning agenda's etc, or you want to e-mail a planning contact, you may have some good luck sleuthing...

Happy Hunting!!! :cool:

The town hall meeting was a great success! Here's the full report from RonaldA from the TM forums:

"First I would like to thank those that were able to attend the Clarence town meeting and spoke in favor of the supercharger last night. It was a pleasure meeting you and a happy result with the permit unanimously approved by the board. The supercharger will be in the plaza at the corner of route5 and transit road next to the key bank. There will be 8 stations and I am told they expect it to be completed by the end of December.I did take the guys from Tesla to Duffs and had some conversations. I was told the permitting for the Syracuse charger would be relatively soon (w/in a couple of weeks) and they anticipate that charger to be installed "soon". I asked if this was a Tesla soon or the real definition of soon and the assured me it was a real soon probably in January if all goes well. The also said the idea was to build out superchargers so 60kwh cars could travel wherever they needed to go. They stated that a supercharger in every city along the 90 in NY was part of the plan including possibly Rochester and probably Utica. I emphasized the need in Erie PA to bridge the gap between Buffalo and the supercharger highway starting in Cleveland or Cranberry PA. Currently Cranberry is the closest supercharger on this stretch of the 90 and is a 209 mile trek. Not really in 60kwh range especially in winter (I'm trying it with my p85 at the end of November ). I also encouraged the Ithaca/Binghamton site to open up the southern tier and the I81 routes.They said with superchargers its generally feast or famine for installs and we are headed toward another feast! I was very encouraged. For those in Syracuse please let us know when the permit meeting is I for one would love to attend!"

At Transit and Rt 5 is exactly where I would want the first SC to be in Buffalo.
In Rochester, I would put it in the plaza just off 390 and 15A near the Five Guys restaurant/Burger King area. A good number of people visit the area for kids in school, such as RIT and univ. of Rochester.