Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug report with photos?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Voice bug note is neat but cannot easily describe a bug like this. The picture (on a AWD Model 3 with firmware 2018.42.3 eb37a0) is self evident: the car thought the white truck stopped before me didn't exist! I wonder if bug report automatically include snapshots of all the cameras?

Anybody seeing similar issues? OTOH, I've tried "navigation on autopilot" a few times on 100 mile round trips that spans multiple high ways, which exceeded my expectations!

Attachments

• TeslaNNBug.JPG
    TeslaNNBug.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 71
I think your car is placing the truck in front of you in the wrong lane. The truck is placed in the lane to your right.

I have seen the gray avatar cars around me sometimes shifts back and forth slightly or encroaches into my lane. Is it possible the truck was shifting left and right and was temporarily landed in the right lane?

Have you noticed this often--he cars in front of you disappeared?

Voice bug note is neat but cannot easily describe a bug like this. The picture (on a AWD Model 3 with firmware 2018.42.3 eb37a0) is self evident: the car thought the white truck stopped before me didn't exist! I wonder if bug report automatically include snapshots of all the cameras?

Anybody seeing similar issues? OTOH, I've tried "navigation on autopilot" a few times on 100 mile round trips that spans multiple high ways, which exceeded my expectations!

What?

I don't see a problem. Everything in the picture on the screen looks to be real life.

What's the problem?

• Disagree
Reactions: redscott
There is a white truck in front of OP’s car, but on the display, the truck is in the lane to the right and not in front of the car

Wait.

The vehicles are in the correction position. The car is recognizing the vehicles improperly. That's all.

There are 3 vehicles on the screen and 3 vehicles in front of the Model 3. The black vehicle on the screen is the white truck.

Geesh folks.

Last edited:
Wait.

The vehicles are in the correction position. The car is recognizing the vehicles improperly. That's all.

There are 3 vehicles on the screen and 3 vehicles in front of the Model 3. The black vehicle on the screen is the white truck.

Geesh folks.

Apparently your display works differently than mine. On my screen the dark vehicle near the center of the display is always mine. If the OP's display works that way, then the truck is shown in the wrong lane.

You must have a black car.

I have a white car. and the black one on my screen is ALWAYS the car in front of me.

OP here. I have a (obsidian) black car. The black car on the screen is mine. It was on autopilot. I thought that I had to hit the brake to avoid rear ending the white truck. This was not a temporary display glitch. I had plenty of time to grab my phone and take the photo after the car is stopped and holding (H).

BTW, this is a case of robustness issues of DNN (and ML models in general), which is still an open problem.

Wait.

Geesh folks.

Lol what? The screen shows one large truck in front of the car in the right lane and one car next to the Tesla. In reality it’s a large truck right in front of the Tesla and another in front in the right lane.

I agree. The truck is displayed in the wrong lane. The truck should be in front of OP's car.

It is odd that the computer is not detecting such as big truck right in front of it.

It has not happened to me yet.

I had a similar thing happen to me. Large vehicle displaying mostly in the lane to the right (slight overlap with the correct lane in front of me). Not sure if it’s just a display bug or something that would impact autopilot or not.