Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

bugs or setting issue about automatic opening charge door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
modelx hardware2.0 software version:8.0

every time i set the car in the paring status (people in the car) ,the car will automatic change the status to car off about 2 minutes. at the same time model x automatic open charge door . when i start the car to d status ,the charge door automatic close also. i found the off status is related to opening charge door .

i'm really annoyed by this , please give some suggestions about the phenomenon that it is bugs or setting issue about automatic opening charge door?

thanks!

This has been happening to my X since early Feb (started happening after an update about that time). When in park and sitting in the car the charge door opens and closes every 2-3 mins in a repetitive cycle. I mentioned this to the service center during my recent visit and they replaced the door (said there was water damage) and then updated the firmware, but it is still happening. I agree it is very annoying when you go to park and the charge port door opens and you are not at home or anywhere near a charger. If you walk away it does finally close when the car locks. Feels like your butt is flapping in the breeze when I'm just sitting in the car.

This has been happening to my X since early Feb (started happening after an update about that time). When in park and sitting in the car the charge door opens and closes every 2-3 mins in a repetitive cycle. I mentioned this to the service center during my recent visit and they replaced the door (said there was water damage) and then updated the firmware, but it is still happening. I agree it is very annoying when you go to park and the charge port door opens and you are not at home or anywhere near a charger. If you walk away it does finally close when the car locks. Feels like your butt is flapping in the breeze when I'm just sitting in the car.

Hmmm, could this be that you have the FOB in your pocket and the force is causing the rear trunk button on your fob to be pressed for at least a couple seconds? You know that also causes the charge door to open.

• Disagree
Reactions: Swift