Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Build quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question is, do members of this forum even have to own a Tesla or have one on order to participate? Not saying it should be a requirement, but certainly would explain some of the negativity we see from some.
I agree with the mix, there just seems to be a few trolls (is that the correct word?) on this site that do not like the cars the Forum is about. Once you realize that, you know who to take serious and who not too.

There is plenty to legitimately complain about with these cars and the company especially when it comes to build quality.

For years I've heard this (IMHO) silly theory that most of the complaints about Teslas are fake and part of some vast anti-Tesla or anti-Musk conspiracy and I personally think that's nonsense. Sure, on the internet there are people who like to complain about any given thing but the same is true on other car company forums too. I've owned two Teslas and seven EVs total and believe me when I tell you Teslas have plenty of problems and there are things other car companies do better. Despite those things I still believe Teslas (and the Model 3 in particular) are the best value in the EV space right now. There's room in my world view for both the good and the bad.

Reactions: SpaceKat
I was very pleased that my 2022 RWD seemingly had zero defects when it was delivered. However, I have since found a couple of issues. First, the trunk lid is not quite aligned, and getting worse. At the hinge on the driver's side, the panel gap is now about 1cm. The SC will service it for free this week. Second, I am already hearing a rattle/squeak from the dash trim. I assume both are easy to fix.

As others have pointed out, the Model 3 is luxury-class in terms of performance and features, but all that tech rides in an economy/mid-range shell. The white interior is well worth the extra money, IMO, as it really does look very classy.

My impression from reading these forums for several months is that once you get the initial bugs worked out, the cars are extremely reliable.

yes all forums have trolls. its the internet mate. ;')

even if a circlejerk/trend starts i still put a grain of salt with it because its... the internet.

if i want more info, ill do research across multiple platforms and base my own judgment on that.