Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bunch of error codes just appeared app_w009, tas_a313, di_a222, di_a246, di_a223, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it clearly says “repairs under warranty will be waived”. First attachment.
I may not be a contract attorney but if Tesla determines this this isn't under warranty and if as Tesla service famously puts it "within specification" should I accept the estimate, I would be responsible for said payment.

In the estimate itself it's chafing to see "customer states" as the support reason versus something related to the vehicle reported multiple active alerts.

It's concerning as when I opened the ticket I selected the alerts option - cause.

Still no word from support on what a remote log review yielded or if the vehicle is road ready.

It's strange to hope this is a cosmetic software glitch like the HV battery disconnect fuse I experienced with my 2017 MS last year versus something where Tesla service plays guess the fix in multiple service visits or the situation keeps the vehicle at service for a long time.

I may not be a contract attorney but if Tesla determines this this isn't under warranty and if as Tesla service famously puts it "within specification" should I accept the estimate, I would be responsible for said payment.

In the estimate itself it's chafing to see "customer states" as the support reason versus something related to the vehicle reported multiple active alerts.

It's concerning as when I opened the ticket I selected the alerts option - cause.

Still no word from support on what a remote log review yielded or if the vehicle is road ready.

It's strange to hope this is a cosmetic software glitch like the HV battery disconnect fuse I experienced with my 2017 MS last year versus something where Tesla service plays guess the fix in multiple service visits or the situation keeps the vehicle at service for a long time.

I don't want to jade you too much on this - so I think as a primary objective you should follow normal TMC mantra and try to get this resolved to your satisfaction with your service center. Basically hope for the best. As brkaus noted, the estimated fee is not billed to the owner for warranty work.

But I would be remiss if I just ignored the experience we received. So, If you want to mentally prepare yourself, there is possible outcome where no root cause is identified. In my experience the service team simply reset the codes and asked me to prove I ever had any error codes. They were visibly annoyed I had bothered to take pictures with my phone and had posted them online. Anyway, they asked me to keep driving it because they felt these types of errors happen all the time.

If you personally are not ok with that type of resolution path, I'm afraid you purchased the wrong vehicle from the wrong company. Basically you're SOL.

The only reason our household received a buyback was because we had a completely other issue that was unrepairable within 30 calendar days.

Last edited:
I don't want to jade you too much on this - so I think as a primary objective you should follow normal TMC mantra and try to get this resolved to your satisfaction with your service center. Basically hope for the best. As brkaus noted, the estimated fee is not billed to the owner for warranty work.

But I would be remiss if I just ignored the experience we received. So, If you want to mentally prepare yourself, there is possible outcome where no root cause is identified. In my experience the service team simply reset the codes and asked me to prove I ever had any error codes. They were visibly annoyed I had bothered to take pictures with my phone and had posted them online. Anyway, they asked me to keep driving it because they felt these types of errors happen all the time.

If you personally are not ok with that type of resolution path, I'm afraid you purchased the wrong vehicle from the wrong company. Basically you're SOL.

The only reason our household received a buyback was because we had a completely other issue that was unrepairable within 30 calendar days.
Fourth Tesla owned in 10 years.

Despite more Tesla Service Centers working with a growing population of Tesla vehicles expanding their techs knowledge, my interactions with service have went from superb to dreadful (except for mobile - always good.)

Other than the MCU screen on my last MS or the monthly foot stink of my wife's M3, I havent ever had an issue where it's unicorn rare and the lone article on TMC ended in buy back as resolution.

Thanks

Reactions: holeydonut
Fourth Tesla owned in 10 years.

Despite more Tesla Service Centers working with a growing population of Tesla vehicles expanding their techs knowledge, my interactions with service have went from superb to dreadful (except for mobile - always good.)

Other than the MCU screen on my last MS or the monthly foot stink of my wife's M3, I havent ever had an issue where it's unicorn rare and the lone article on TMC ended in buy back as resolution.

Thanks

Yeah, you and I think this is a unicorn occurrence. But the Dublin, CA service center was willing to make me die on the hill that it happens all the time, and is NBD for a Tesla to just stop working while you're driving it.