Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bunch of error codes just appeared app_w009, tas_a313, di_a222, di_a246, di_a223, etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

holeydonut

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2020
East Bay NorCal
Listings
I’m on a weekend trip and Tesla service is impossible to reach on weekends. Need help if anyone is familiar with this.

Brand new “non-demo” 2023 model X with 300 miles is throwing all these errors and driving oddly. Got 2 toddlers, and not sure if I should keep driving it.

IMG_9888.jpeg

I did not get advanced autopilot or FSD.

A search on the site shows there's a couple posts with this. Turns out most were just a firmware bug that resolved after a hard reboot.

A search on the site shows there's a couple posts with this. Turns out most were just a firmware bug that resolved after a hard reboot.

Thanks!

Is that when you hold both round buttons on the wheel for 10 seconds?

FYI, some may go away after a few start/stop cycles. I'd take pictures of those screens. Another benefit of taking pictures is that the date/time is part of the picture meta data so you can show it to Tesla as they sometimes need timestamps in logs to go to.

As well you can go into the service menu and there is a place that gives additional 'Service Alerts' under Vehicle info.

Yes. Hopefully that is all it is. There's a random spattering of people who had a more serious outcome and had to have service done for a few days.

Thanks Eddie, the reset worked well enough to get us back home. Similar cluster of errors happened again after I took it around the block after returning.

Will take this car in for service and see what happens.

Ugh… so we spoke with service today on this… wife asked Tesla what was the root cause of this type of error.

I dunno if teslas folks are too honest or too overworked… but the guy basically said “we think it’s a ground fault, should go away by itself.”

My wife was like “so the car will just randomly throw errors and tell you to pull over?” And he said “yes, this happens all the time to Teslas”.

Son of a……. Wife is like “it’s a brand new car!!! I’ve got two young kids and I can’t be pulling over on the freeway because of some ground fault.”

I think I’m ****ed. Bought a car that apparently inspires zero confidence because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ happens?

And of course it’s my fault we didn’t get an Escalade. *sugar* *sugar* *sugar*. Holeydonut = sucks.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
Ugh… so we spoke with service today on this… wife asked Tesla what was the root cause of this type of error.

I dunno if teslas folks are too honest or too overworked… but the guy basically said “we think it’s a ground fault, should go away by itself.”

My wife was like “so the car will just randomly throw errors and tell you to pull over?” And he said “yes, this happens all the time to Teslas”.

Son of a……. Wife is like “it’s a brand new car!!! I’ve got two young kids and I can’t be pulling over on the freeway because of some ground fault.”

I think I’m ****ed. Bought a car that apparently inspires zero confidence because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ happens?

And of course it’s my fault we didn’t get an Escalade. *sugar* *sugar* *sugar*. Holeydonut = sucks.
That's a pretty crap answer from Tesla service. No, it doesn't happen all the time.

That's a pretty crap answer from Tesla service. No, it doesn't happen all the time.

I just hope they find some random azz part or whatever to explain how this happened… but it seems it’s just a “firmware” issue or some “ground fault”

I can’t imagine my wife is going to ever drive this POS if they simply say it was a glitch. But they can’t seem to replicate the issue. Which makes this the worst type of error to have.

I just hope they find some random azz part or whatever to explain how this happened… but it seems it’s just a “firmware” issue or some “ground fault”

I can’t imagine my wife is going to ever drive this POS if they simply say it was a glitch. But they can’t seem to replicate the issue. Which makes this the worst type of error to have.
We had a firmware version where the screen went blank a few times. That was a few years ago and hasn't happened since.

Hope its just a bug.

Document all instances and amount of time car is being repaired.

Reactions: holeydonut

I don't think ground faults generally go away. If anything, they would be likely to get worse because whatever caused them (corrosion, loose nut, broken wire) would get worse. I'd be looking into lemon laws and opening a ticket every time it happened on the off chance that whoever said that was right, but I'd also imagine it's something else that is likely to go away and stay away. Alternatively, if it is a ground fault, maybe there is a chance it will get bad enough they can find and fix it before you get to the lemon point anyway. If you can drive the car until she's confident it isn't happening, that might be an option. If it only happens with kids in the car, that might narrow down where it could be coming from.

Personally, I would relay that to management at that service center. Completely inappropriate and poor customer service.

Personally, I would relay that to management at that service center. Completely inappropriate and poor customer service.

Well they still have the car and will keep trying to find the root cause. I guess I just need to wait and see. But every day that passes gets worse and worse because they still won't give us a decent loaner (that drives straight; isn't rebooting all the time; and doesn't smell like ass). So every day I'm paying for my own rental.

And I have to hear about how much of a dumb-ass I was for not getting a different car from a real car company that gives two ****s about their customers.

If they turn the car back to us without any real explanation to the cause, my wife isn't going to let our babies in the damn thing. She won't tolerate a scenario where the car could asking her to "pull over" again after spamming a bunch of errors ... because that could happen on I-880 or I-80. And as @bmah is well aware... getting stranded on I-80 or I-880 could mean you getting shot.

Either way, I'm prepared to be the one to be absolutely ****ed. Just spent $100k on a car I can't haul the family in. Will need to sell it for a massive loss I think.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Keep logs of the service. Read up in the lemon laws. This isn’t common and they better fix it. The fact that it’s intermittent makes it all the more difficult.

All cars can have failures. I’ve been stranded more than once in other brands. The answer from the tech is inexcusable.

He did backtrack on what he said - he just meant what you were saying 'all cars could have failures'.

But she's of the mindset that of all the brand new ICE's she's ever known or known driven by others, they didn't leave the driver stranded. But now, this Model X has left us stranded (for a bit, thanks TMC for teaching me how to re-set it!). She's not going to take the chance again unless Tesla can explain very clearly and convincingly they actually fixed something.

We discussed the thread @fasteddie7 shared, but Tesla said that's a Model S and not an X. While I appreciate being lawyered by someone in the service center, my point of bringing it up was to explain how our experience and error codes were almost identical. However they said our problem was different than what those Model S users reported. So yeah... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Whoooo car will probably remain in the shop another 7 days. Drove car for 5 days... in the shop for 15 days and counting.

Maybe they're just low-key keeping it until I can 🍋 it out. That would be the most ideal outcome. They could re-purpose this '23 Ultra Red as a loaner!

Whoooo car will probably remain in the shop another 7 days. Drove car for 5 days... in the shop for 15 days and counting.

Maybe they're just low-key keeping it until I can 🍋 it out. That would be the most ideal outcome. They could re-purpose this '23 Ultra Red as a loaner!
Just catching up on this thread now. What is the issue now?

Are you considering having them buy back the car?