Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Burbank supercharger fake outage cone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, ok, that's the most important thing you got out of this thread? That I used the wrong term?
No, but it's important for the public to understand that Tesla has a different sales model and sells directly to consumers and not through dealerships. This is a big issue in many states through not in California. Direct sales is one of Tesla's advantages, with buyers not having to go through the auto dealer cartel. If Tesla owners don't set the example of using correct terminology, who will?

Unless you have been promoting and selling Teslas to friends, family and the public for the past 7 years, I may have a bit more experience on these topics. The terminology of the storefronts is so minor compared to states that won't even allow proper sales, such as Texas - you may want to focus your energy there instead.

• Love
Reactions: gfb107 and kavyboy
Which is why "dealership" is such a loaded word to a Tesla owner in Texas. We've been fighting the dealerships since Tesla's first direct sales bill was introduced in 2013, as you can can see from many of my posts over the last four years. The terminology of the storefronts may be a minor issue to you in California, but part of "focusing my energy" in Texas, as you suggest, involves educating legislators and consumers that dealerships shouldn't be the only way for a car company to be allowed to sell its product.

Oooops. May have to tell the folks in MO Tesla doesn't have dealerships. Here's a MO Dealer plate on a car on its way to the Cleveland (OH) non-dealership.

Attachments

• IMG_3282.JPG
    IMG_3282.JPG
    465.5 KB · Views: 62
Oooops. May have to tell the folks in MO Tesla doesn't have dealerships. Here's a MO Dealer plate on a car on its way to the Cleveland (OH) non-dealership.
That's because the state laws and regs regarding sale of new automobiles were written by and for the auto dealers. It doesn't change the English language. A dealer sells someone else's product, not its own product.

There actually was a problem with one of the chargers at Burbank but a weird one. I didn't actually try it myself but there was someone charging and they left. A second person pulled in they couldn't get the plug to connect. After multiple attempts they left and got in line again to have a second person attempts and get the same issue. A few days later that charger was working again but another one seemed to have a cone in front of it. I think some people are having a hard time for some reason to plug the charger in all the way and keep getting a red light. So they automatically assume the charger is broken and either place the cone or the trash-bin in the charging space. Thats my take on what's going on in Burbank.

But I second how bad the wait is there. They have so much space to make this one of the locations that ends up adding more chargers and I am hoping they do it soon.

I have heard of some places where cones were intentionally placed (by the property manager ?) in each charger spot to discourage ICEing.
Maybe this was the case here ? .....snip......
more likely, not the case. We go out of our way to never stop at Burbank. That's because some of the locals use it as their own personal Campground, rather than charging at home. Probably a relative who wanted to make sure that their other relative would have a spot - and so they play this game. be thankful these types of people don't have larger families with more Teslas. these are the types of people that can clearly see you've been waiting before they arrive, then they pull in to the spot you're obviously waiting for - as though you're not there.

I use the Burbank "SERVICE CENTER" somewhat regularly and I can confirm that the cones are being used and placed by the loaner manager/Tesla employees to hold spots. I have seen them take my loaner returns, move the cones, and backing them in to charge.

Thats probably why the "regulars" simply just move the cones out of the way because they know that the "Service Center" is putting the cones there and I presume they've never been stopped from doing it, so they just see it as "acceptable behavior"