Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What specific posts are missing? Any more info?
For me, it's showing that there's almost a ~5 year jump between posts #97 and #98. Nothing is showing between wk057's post from May 2014 and Poonlarp's from this past Monday. That seems unlikely.
TMC_Burlington thread missing posts_q.JPG

Been a while for sure. Archive.org snapshot it in August and it was broken then... not a super active thread, but definitely appears to be a bunch of posts missing.

maybe a grep for "wheel of fortune" since that's got to be kind of unique to this thread (there were wheel of fortune tryouts causing ICEing at this stop at some point and there were posts here about it.)

Edit: Nevermind, seems the post I'm thinking of might not be from this thread.

Last edited:
Maybe this is more of a general question, but it is specifically about this Supercharger.

I had my first Supercharging session since last Thanksgiving, so I expected to see 145kW charging speed in my Model 3, however the charge speed maxed out at 106kW (and was completely steady). To my knowledge, I was not sharing the charger (although this is another one of those screwy Superchargers where the shared stations are not adjacent to each other!

Is there a modification that needs to be done at the Supercharger itself to allow the 145kW charging? Has anyone gotten 145kW at the Burlington SC?

It wasn't a huge deal because abetterrouteplanner.com said I only needed 3 minutes of charging to make it home (the car initially said 15 minutes, but then revised it to 10 minutes)...I stayed for 6 minutes. But I will be leaving on a very long road trip in a few weeks and it would be nice to know what to expect.

This is one of the oldest superchargers. I believe this still has Gen1 charger hardware, so probably can't be changed to 150kW. It should say on the touchscreen what the max rate is, I haven't looked.

All of the units I've seen at 150kW have been Gen2 hardware.

This is one of the oldest superchargers. I believe this still has Gen1 charger hardware, so probably can't be changed to 150kW. It should say on the touchscreen what the max rate is, I haven't looked.

All of the units I've seen at 150kW have been Gen2 hardware.

Thanks, that is true, this was the first fast charger (of ANY kind) in the state of NC, so yes, quite old. I guess that explains it.

Is there an easy way to determine what level of hardware (V1, V2, and eventually V3) each site is? The Tesla site just says "120kW maximum" for every single Supercharger, including known urban chargers and the Fremont location (which supposedly is V3 now).

Thanks, that is true, this was the first fast charger (of ANY kind) in the state of NC, so yes, quite old. I guess that explains it.

Is there an easy way to determine what level of hardware (V1, V2, and eventually V3) each site is? The Tesla site just says "120kW maximum" for every single Supercharger, including known urban chargers and the Fremont location (which supposedly is V3 now).

Just checked, the in car map shows 120 kW for here. It shows proper values for upgraded v2 (150) and v3 (250).

Reactions: SigNC