Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Burn" marks on rear fender, any idea?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See pic, wife drove 2 hrs to LA this morning, went in to grab coffee came out and saw this. She says paint looks "burned" through. To me it looks like someone's wheel swiped her car or while it was parked, or maybe she ran through some road oil. Looks like circular markings which is odd. Any ideas? Is there anyway there was some kind of internal failure that could generate heat in this way? I won't be able to check out car until tomorrow. Any thoughts or input appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190905-123812_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190905-123812_Messages.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 164
See pic, wife drove 2 hrs to LA this morning, went in to grab coffee came out and saw this. She says paint looks "burned" through. To me it looks like someone's wheel swiped her car or while it was parked, or maybe she ran through some road oil. Looks like circular markings which is odd. Any ideas? Is there anyway there was some kind of internal failure that could generate heat in this way? I won't be able to check out car until tomorrow. Any thoughts or input appreciated.

The marks look rotational to me. Like a large tire. Do they feel rubbery?

Reactions: ReddykwRun
Weird tire rub pattern, but it looks like motor oil?!? The circle diameter seems smallish, but being so high implies the wheel was large. Weird. Could clean up with tar remover.