Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Business Resolution Team - Anyway to expedite for a replacement car before the year ends? [resolved 2018]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Sorry, realized I should've posted this to the general forum...

I'm an early adopter of the Model 3 taking delivery in March of 2018, despite my purchase paperwork stating I was purchasing a 2018 Model Year car, the car is in fact a 2017 car per the VIN (5YJ3E1EA4HF003###) and has been in service a total of 5 times and 33-days with on-going issues, the duration in service now over-qualifies it as a "lemon" under the California lemon law.

We are interested in purchasing a replacement Model 3 before this year ends but I've been told by my service advisor that the "Business Resolution Team" is very unlikely to resolve this in time before this year's rebate ends which means we will have to leave the Tesla brand once it gets resolved.

I'm posting as a last ditch effort to see if someone may have some advice if there's anyway we can expedite this or contact someone to stay in the Tesla brand?

I realize this is an old article but it mentioned being able to escalate issues to executives on this forum:
Tesla is now letting customers contact executives with their complaints

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi everyone,

I'm an early adopter of the Model 3 taking delivery in March of 2018, despite my purchase paperwork stating I was purchasing a 2018 Model Year car, the car is in fact a 2017 car per the VIN (5YJ3E1EA4HF003###) and has been in service a total of 5 times and 33-days with on-going issues, the duration in service now over-qualifies it as a "lemon" under the California lemon law.

We are interested in purchasing a replacement Model 3 before this year ends but I've been told by my service advisor that the "Business Resolution Team" is very unlikely to resolve this in time before this year's rebate ends which means we will have to leave the Tesla brand once it gets resolved.

I'm posting as a last ditch effort to see if someone may have some advice if there's anyway we can expedite this or contact someone to stay in the Tesla brand?

I realize this is an old article but it mentioned being able to escalate issues to executives on this forum:

Maybe buy another car while the issues with the first are being hammered out? Or tweet Elon? @elonmusk Or go to a showroom and loudly let the sales associates know that you need them to call an executive member then and there? Corporate Office phone number: 1-650-681-5100

Or maybe login to your Tesla page and find the “support” section, thst has the “elevate issue for executive review?”

Good luck, Tesla compatriot! I’ve had a good experience, and I hope you do, too!
upload_2018-12-16_16-29-24.png

Thanks Jaywlkr,

Unfortunately we can't bear burdening two Tesla payments while one is under review with an undetermined outcome and visiting two of our local Tesla stores only resulted in the Managers and sales people patting me on the back saying "wish I could help".

Thanks for the advise on submitting something via my account, I just sent it for "executive review" and crossing my fingers that it actually reaches someone who can help resolve all this in a timely manner and help us stay in the Tesla brand. It would be my preferred than having to hand this over to a CA lemon lawyer and explore other options as they continue to arrive on the market.

Reactions: Jaywlker
I do not have any experience with this, but I doubt you're going to get your situation resolved with ~10 business days left in the year. It would take Tesla longer than this to cut you a check based on previous refunds for various other reasons.

Perhaps you should keep the car, take the credit (I assume this is why you want to buy before EOY), then sort it out next year.

The buy back and tax credit are two entirely different issues. I understand that you would like to tie them together, but with time so short for the tax credit I imagine that Tesla will be unable to clear these items in time.

I would imagine that Tesla is doing what ever they can to get new cars delivered prior to EOY, and also would like to push the buy back into 2019.

To get both desires, you would need to buy a new car now, and continue your buy back negotiations through the normal process. The risk and additional payments would be on you, but...

Another course would to just continue to drive your current car as you wait for the Lemon Law to sort itself out. Tesla may decide to refund you your money, swap out for a like used model from their demo/CPO fleet or offer you a new build with you just paying the difference in value to your used car.

Some previous lemon law customers have said that the proceedure is pretty straight forward.

Hi everyone,

May I know how long did it take eventually to have the car replaced?

Status
Not open for further replies.