Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a ‘23 MY Standard Range - Please educate me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Coz that inventory lot was the cheapest Model Y with a base price of 50990 this will be given the least priority or any priority to say and most likely the last batch to be built until the demand wears out. Tesla is known to do that. I have seen earlier in the custom order page for base no options vs any added options the delivery dates range used to change significantly. Never thought they would really play this trick to get the orders with the inventory items. My understanding of the inventory item was it was already built and ready to deliver. Lesson learned.

LOL.
They won't refund sh*t.
I originally ordered a Model 3. Switched to a Model Y. Then switched to this Model Y because it was on the inventory list and I thought I would get it quicker.

I pissed away $500 in deposits for the first two cars and they won't move the money over to my current order.
Me too. Lost my 250 on a blue M3. canceled it on the 23rd it's still sitting on their inventory. M3 was too small for us and everyone hated it. booked it before a test drive. we have a Nissan leaf and we didn't feel like an upgrade about the space. Looks like now the 500 is gone.

LOL.
They won't refund sh*t.
I originally ordered a Model 3. Switched to a Model Y. Then switched to this Model Y because it was on the inventory list and I thought I would get it quicker.

I pissed away $500 in deposits for the first two cars and they won't move the money over to my current order.
Makes me want to sell my TSLA position… can’t sustain business like this. Americans especially are highly sensitive to poor customer experiences. This is so bad.

Coz that inventory lot was the cheapest Model Y with a base price of 50990 this will be given the least priority or any priority to say and most likely the last batch to be built until the demand wears out. Tesla is known to do that. I have seen earlier in the custom order page for base no options vs any added options the delivery dates range used to change significantly. Never thought they would really play this trick to get the orders with the inventory items. My understanding of the inventory item was it was already built and ready to deliver. Lesson learned.
I also ordered the standard model Y from the existing inventory based on the recommendation from the advisor in order to get the car quickly because I was worried about getting the car in time for the tax credit. First I was told I would probably get the car within 2 weeks although my EDD was feb23-mar23. Then I was told it was in transit, then I was told it was not even built yet and took out the EDD and replaced it with a TBD. If that was the case, I would have just customized mine. Do you have a EDD?

I don’t think they were a bait. They were scheduled for production and then Tesla had a shortage of 19s. Which is evident in MYLR inventory showing up during that time all with 20s and the subsequent drop of MyAWDs with 20s that are being delivered sooner than the initial planned batch of 19s.
It is unfortunate but not nefarious. Bad luck and now that Tesla has listed MYAWD with 19s for this weeks productionIm sure they will be already building the early Feb 19” batch. In fact they probably already built those cars and now just need to slap on the wheels.
I also ordered the standard model Y from the existing inventory based on the recommendation from the advisor in order to get the car quickly because I was worried about getting the car in time for the tax credit. First I was told I would probably get the car within 2 weeks although my EDD was feb23-mar23. Then I was told it was in transit, then I was told it was not even built yet and took out the EDD and replaced it with a TBD. If that was the case, I would have just customized mine. Do you have a EDD?
I hope with new MYAWD 19” wheels dumped in preproduction thats a good sign Feb MYAWD 19s are goin into production now… my EDD has been showing 3/1-3/24 since last weekend after i signed tesla vision agreement

Reactions: dion009
Me too. Lost my 250 on a blue M3. canceled it on the 23rd it's still sitting on their inventory. M3 was too small for us and everyone hated it. booked it before a test drive. we have a Nissan leaf and we didn't feel like an upgrade about the space. Looks like now the 500 is gone.
It is not a honest business model. As long as customers are not received the cars yet, they should be allowed to use their deposit to buy different car unless customers cancelled all the purchases. You should file a complaint to FTC.

Same they told me 2-3 weeks on Feb 10th

What is really frustrating is that a lot of us were mislead to believe we were getting a car soon by ordering from inventory and now we don't even have EDD. Seems like these are Tesla's SOPs but as a new buyer I wasn't aware of possibility of long wait times or lack of transparency from their part. I acted quickly on all my "tasks", bought accessories and even sold my car :(
Very inconvenient buying process that I hope to forget as soon as I get my new car...

Reactions: dion009 and Alex425
D062CD35-C5B4-44E3-AA61-05383E7CBF8E.png

Is this what y’all’s web experience looks like? I’m not paying until I schedule a date 😂

Nope TBD