Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying a 2018 Model X 75D - Things to Look For?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put an order on a Model X thru Carvana. Our pickup appointment is on Friday afternoon.

I will look for a delivery checklist of the MX, but am looking for any tips on buying a used one here. 47k miles on it. I have experience with a MYLR, so it won't be our first Tesla.

The Carvana financing APR rate isn't good at almost 7% for 72 months, but I will see what USAA can do.

I will be reading the MX form more extensively in the next few days as well to see what issues may be expected. My biggest concerns right now are the rear doors.

Thank you,

I’m in a similar boat as I am taking delivery of a 2019 Raven Standard Range. I’m lucky that I know the vehicle’s entire history because I’m buying out my daughter’s lease.

Two of the more bothersome issues with the MX that I have been reading on this forum are the acceleration shudder problem and the roof seals around the FWDs. The fix for the shudder is supposed to be new half-shafts but the problem usually comes back after changing them. Folks have had mixed success getting Tesla to cover the door seals under warranty. At minimum I would research those two issues, carefully examine your car and take advantage of any warranty you have left.

I’m sure owners will chime in with other things to look for.