Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

11/21 OD MYLR change to MYP - How quickly will VIN be assigned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Pearl White / BLK interior MYLR in Nov 21. Delivery dates have been all over the place from April-June 2022, April-June 2023. MY EDD is currently Oct 24-Nov 28.

I've decided I'm changing to MSM / White, Tow, MYP. I'd still like to take delivery during the same EDD I have now as my lease is up Dec 1, 2022. My concern is if I edit my order today, I'll be assigned a VIN almost immediately. I thought about cancelling and placing another order later in the year, but I don't qualify for the tax credit anyways, and the car has gone up 6K since I ordered.

I texted my SA asking if I could change to a MYP, and still take delivery in same timeframe. He responded in CAPS with. " WE WILL NOT PUSH DELIVERIES OUT. WE WILL CANCEL YOUR ORDER. " I'm in Philadelphia area if that matters.

I'm looking to see how long I should wait to edit my order without getting assigned a VIN.

Dean

I did the same thing (no tow hitch). Switched to MYP on Monday and delivery is Friday. Original EDD was Dec. I’m in Portland and the MYP is Freemont build.

If I were you, I’d make the change two weeks prior.

Good thread, glad to see it is quick. I ordered a MYLR 7 seater in April, currently have a December - Jan delivery date, but hoping it gets pushed even a bit further. I'm planing to switch it to a MYP 5 seater when I'm ready to take delivery - which will be Jan at the earliest.

Can I just wait until I get my VIN then make the change or am I locked once a VIN hits?
Not sure as I haven't read anyone trying this. But there is this new thread with that exact same question so follow that and see if it works out for him.
I'd guess you can just reject the VIN and switch the order at that time but best to just ask Tesla.

My edd just moved to 9 days out… I guess it’s time to make a change to myp
405F9E5F-9085-4DC9-938F-2FEC78508816.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Zalick
It appears that now, 11/30/22, Tesla might have some MYP in stock. The delivery times are short for some. Thinking about selling M3 and buying a Y. I am going to wait till January to get 2023 delivery and maybe a few new upgrades.