Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

buying an out of state inventory car...questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So currently I have an order for a LR MY but the M3P has always been my close second choice. National inventory of MY's is pretty thin and the configurations don't match what I want (black ext/ black int) and the MY's with it are P's which are slightly out of the budget but the M3P black/ black with autopilot is right in the sweet spot of my budget. Unfortunately there are none close to chicago, i'd either have to fly to Reno, NV or further to pick it up.

My big question, is there any way to find out the condition or reason it's an "inventory" car and wasn't matched to a buyer? I'm a little worried I'd get into a lemon that was rejected by another buyer if I fly accross the country to buy a car to find out it's jacked up somehow.

quick edit: I am only looking at inventory on EV-TSLA with less than 50 miles odometer thus the "wondering why it hasn't been matched"

Last edited:
Tesla doesn't give out the condition of their used vehicles, that's the down side to buying used from them. I personally would never buy a used Tesla and not from Tesla. I'd hate to go so far out of state to find external dings and scratches inside the car. Not to mention wondering if the previous owner kept the battery pack in a healthy condition.