Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Buying and Reselling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont do facebook, but I would bet that the person you are replying to is also that same person on Facebook, as that user also posted here on TMC in the tesla inc section asking the same question, after saying they were quoted that same text.

Frankly, I have no idea what @Rishabh0428 is after, other than an attempted social media smear campaign. They straight out said here that they run a turo business, and sell those cars, and "buy a lot of them" so in effect they are resellers, which is specifically prohibited in teslas MVPA.

If someone sells a couple of cars, tesla wont likely notice. "I run a turo business, buy a lot of teslas, then sell them to my customers" = reseller, no matter how one looks at it.

I see your point, but its not even like they give me a warning or anything. They straight up blacklist. I would imagine they would give some sort of warning

People do this all the time with Rolexes and other high-end watches. Authorized dealers aren’t allowed to sell above MSRP so there’s a wild market of secondary dealers buying high-margin jewelry from ADs to cultivate relationships so they can get the sought-after watches. They immediately flip them for a tidy profit.

It’s frustrating for people like me who don’t want to pay the markup but stand zero chance of actually scoring a watch at MSRP because of this dynamic. It’s capitalism, of course, and I don’t fault the hustle. It’s just really annoying.

FWIW, I sold my 2020 Model Y for more than the cost of the new, exactly the same 2022 model Y I just bought. i.e. I made money by buying a new Tesla. Crazy! In NJ there is no sales tax on EVs (one good thing about NJ) so it makes it much more acheiveable. Reg is only around $300-something.