Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Buying parts/accessories before car delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’d wait till you get the car. Sometimes you don’t really know what accessories you want or need until you actually get to play around with it in/on the car
I have to drive from Duarngo, CO to Colorado Springs, CO to pick up my MYLR. That's 300+ miles with few SC's along the way. The only pre-delivery accessory I bought is a Combo CCS adapter to use on my first road trip, just in case I need it. I had to buy a third-partry adapter since I can buy an OEM adapter until I actually take delivery. I'll wait on other accessories until after delivery.

I bought plenty of things early, mainly charging adapters since they sometimes go out of stock. And all season weather mats. But agree that other customization things can wait until you try it out stock first to see what you want to add.

Oh yeah. I'm that guy. Stuff sat around for like five months. All weather mats, fobs, and more. Some of it I was glad to get ahead of time as much was out of stock but eventually was able to ship before the car was delivered. Some stuff I never used. Had the mud flaps but got those with the car. Have console trays that never even fit. Not much wasted money on those. Also got the car cover (very useful) and of course the wall connector. Also got some handy aftermarket things but didn't go overboard there. Glad I never got some things I considered like a screen protector... Not needed. Under seat storage bins are awesome but I got those after delivery to make sure they worked well in case I needed to return.