TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Buying used X

Discussion in 'Model X' started by psbill, Jul 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. psbill

psbill Member

I have seen several Model X's for sale at True Car at lower prices than the Tesla site. According to their Car Fax reports they are mostly off of 6 or 9 month leases. Any idea why they would come off lease so soon and be sold to a dealer?

2. zackmilo

zackmilo 2.2M+ Youtube views on my Model 3

I am also looking after my X got totaled. I have been searching EVERYWHERE, you have to be careful. Some of them have had major problems like X's are known to have. I am buying from tesla because they should guarantee that it isn't a lemon. Other dealers have been caught selling lemons. If it is too good to be true it is. I saw an ad for a 90D and it was a 60D. Be careful.

• Helpful x 1
  3. MX1028

MX1028 Member

I'm considering selling my Model X... details in the signature. Have about 6400 miles on it.

4. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

are you done with tesla, or upgrading?

5. psbill

psbill Member

Thanks for the warning. Still looking.

6. zackmilo

Price??

7. zackmilo

Also, put it in the tesla for sale section.

8. MX1028

MX1028 Member

Can you give me a link to it? Did you mean put it on Tesla's website or on TMC?

9. MX1028

MX1028 Member

Upgrade to 100D. Then the question comes of X or S?

• Like x 1
  10. MX1028

MX1028 Member

95K - this is just off the top of my mind. Please don't bury me with "how ridiculous I'm am" :). I've asked Tesla for a price as well. If there is a formula to calculate the price I surely welcome it.

11. zackmilo

If you click forums, then scroll down it will say teslas for sale then post yours. Also, get another X.

12. zackmilo

Have you done any mods to your car. How is the condition of the car? In your thread make sure to post tons of pics. I am also interested.
    Also, has your car ever gone in for service or has any misalignment or quality? Don't need to post. PM me. I AM INTERESTED!:):)

13. Peteybabes

Peteybabes redneck drivin' a tesla...

good point...the x is superior in every way except that it's 30-40 miles less overall range...

i don't think that the superchargers are spaced in such a way that it would matter, idk.

MS100D is cheaper, looks much nicer than the MX, doesn't have falcon wing doors, but it's ingress/egress is not nice if you are a bigger person. lots of pros/cons of both. Enjoy! :D