TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

BXL - Luxembourg - where to charge ?

Discussion in 'Belgium and the Netherlands' started by David100, Mar 30, 2015.

1. David100

David100 Member

Hello,

I know there is a huge thread about public charging infrastructure in Benelux... but it has become so huge that it is actually difficult to find a specific information.

So...Where do you charge on a BXL - LUX trip ?

- I am aware of the SuC in Nivelles off course.
    - I am aware of the SuC in LUX being built - but it is actually beyond Luxembourg city. For Sure interesting on the holiday road to France, but may be not so much for the casual BXL - LUX trip with return in the same day.

So, for now we have no SuC on the E411.
    But what are the good alternatives close to the BXL - LuX E411 ?
    Where can we efficiently charge today ?

Sorry if the answer already exists somewhere.

Thanks a lot for your help.

David

2. Carl Leermakers

If you're doing Bxl-Lux-Bxl, the Suc in Luxemburg should be operational by mid-April. Otherwise, Ikea Arlon.

(or alternatively you can take the old road to Luxemburg (N4) and charge at Marche-en-Fammenne - Delhaize or MacDo - free Type 2 chargers).

If you're going further south, go directly for Metz (the Luxemburg SuC is a bit out of your way). Wavre-Metz is not a problem on a full charge in my experience, just keep an eye on your energy prediction.

3. David100

David100 Member

Thank you very much Carl - Very useful information.

No plug-ins in the Total gas station of Wellin ?

Would be the perfect place for a SuC.

4. Carl Leermakers

Had the same idea (Wellin would be ideal), but no - and Total furthermore seems to be reducing rather than increasing the number of chargers along Belgian highways, so I don't see it coming...

Another idea would be a SuC at Neufchateau (useful for the Dutch as well)...

5. David100

David100 Member

Indeed,
    Again - thanks a lot.

6. JoeNe

JoeNe EU P 1662

Total in Jambes should have 1x CHAdeMO plug. But my experience with Total's CHAdeMO infrastructure is that it usually doesn't work. But they might have 3 phase industrial plugs too.
    But I suggest you check it out before relying on it on your trips.

And if you register at Plugsurfing.com. They have a deal with Estonteco. I see 4 charging stations in Luxemburg City which you can unlock with their charging key.