Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BYND Beyond Meat out of main

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally had a chance to try the Beyond Orange Chicken at Panda Express.
It was good, certainly better than the Beyond product KFC offered a while back. Hopefully they will keep in on the menu as an alternative.

Yes, the regular orange chicken is still a little better, lol!

I wish Taco Bell was offering the Beyond Carne Asada in my area. In general I think the meat substitutes benefit from a bit of spice since that's the main thing you taste anyway.

Still holding a small position in BYND. Deep in the red at this point of course, just looking at it as a long term investment now.

Other people are disgusted by bones. Personally, I don't think I've eaten anything on a bone in nearly 40 years.
You’re missing out! A nice bone in rib-eye!

Never had any of the beyond meat stuff but one thing I don’t understand is people getting worked up over it. Just don’t eat it and move on with your life.

Other people are disgusted by bones. Personally, I don't think I've eaten anything on a bone in nearly 40 years.
I generally bone out my game where it lands in the woods. Much less weight to carry. And, the bears are happy to chew on them.

1664047992335.png

Reactions: bkp_duke
Good news - deflation continues, meat has a real price competitor now:

This morning I picked up some Impossible Burger Patties at Costco. 10 large patties, net weight 40 oz (2.5 lbs), only $10.99 after their sale. That's only $1.10 per patty and the lowest price I have ever paid per patty. This all in the setting of food inflation where food prices most everywhere else are going the other direction.

This morning I picked up some Impossible Burger Patties at Costco. 10 large patties, net weight 40 oz (2.5 lbs), only $10.99 after their sale. That's only $1.10 per patty and the lowest price I have ever paid per patty. This all in the setting of food inflation where food prices most everywhere else are going the other direction.
Now if they can just get it to taste like beef instead of cardboard I'm in 🍿:cool:

Rude, per usual from this thread, but my signature says otherwise :rolleyes: and I've tried Beyond Meat, it tastes terrible.
The post was about Impossible, not Beyond. But you seem to be in the camp that claims they all look alike to you.

In any case, there seem to be many people who actually know something about it that say it tastes just fine to them. Maybe the problem is you? If Beyond tastes like cardboard to you, perhaps you should see a doctor?

Reactions: android04
The post was about Impossible, not Beyond. But you seem to be in the camp that claims they all look alike to you.

In any case, there seem to be many people who actually know something about it that say it tastes just fine to them. Maybe the problem is you? If Beyond tastes like cardboard to you, perhaps you should see a doctor?
Seems to be a lot of people who like the smell of their own farts too ... I'm also not in that camp ...

• Funny
Reactions: AMPd
I have tried Beyond Meat and Morningstar Farms. Didn't care for either one. Salt content is also very high. Some people like it and some don't. When and if they come up with a Turkey alternative and it tastes like Turkey I will try it. It seems like this artificial Meat is highly processed anyway and no better for you than real meat.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: lowtek

Good to know something is decreasing in price. I wonder if that’s the only way they could get rid of it.

• Funny
Reactions: DrGriz
I have tried Beyond Meat and Morningstar Farms. Didn't care for either one. Salt content is also very high. Some people like it and some don't. When and if they come up with a Turkey alternative and it tastes like Turkey I will try it. It seems like this artificial Meat is highly processed anyway and no better for you than real meat.
What is your evidence that it's not better than real meat? The salt argument is weak since many people put salt on meat anyway. Not to mention real meat is highly processed plant material, heavily processed inside animals.

Reactions: aubreymcfato