Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Costa Mesa Delivery delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My originally delivery date was 4/23, 4/23 was to busy so 4/24 was scheduled for 4:45 p.m. at Costa Mesa, got the truck did not arrive call and could we reschedule for 4/30, I'm out of town till 5/6 by then so he will see whats up in a couple of days he's not sure when the car will arrive and said he has to make a lot of calls to delay deliveries due to trucks not showing up

Like someone else mentioned before, it just doesnt make sense that the trucks are delayed by "days", versus hours. With all these delays, they must not be delivering a whole lot of cars? Seems there is some other issue (maybe storage/parking? maybe CM is slowing down deliveries?)

I tried to get my delivery changed to either Fremont or Marina Delray but they said they would have to issue me a new VIN and it would take a month. This has to be the dumbest system ever devised by man or robot? They could save the cost and wear and tear of shipping by allowing me to fly up and pick up the car in Fremont but their system is too stupid to save them transport money. By the way, for southern CA they first deliver the vehicles to the storage facility at Marina Delray, then down to Costa Mesa. Two days after trying to get the delivery in Fremont he said the vehicle was in Southern CA at their storage facility. If FedEx, UPS or God forbid the post office ran their logistics this way we would never get one day or two day delivery and they would go broke.

My originally delivery date was 4/23, 4/23 was to busy so 4/24 was scheduled for 4:45 p.m. at Costa Mesa, got the truck did not arrive call and could we reschedule for 4/30, I'm out of town till 5/6 by then so he will see whats up in a couple of days he's not sure when the car will arrive and said he has to make a lot of calls to delay deliveries due to trucks not showing up

How many trucks are they missing? My car didn't show on Friday 4/20 or Monday 4/23. Since your didn't show on 4/24, I wonder if mine will show up tomorrow or not. I told them if it shows, I will still wait till the weekend to pick up. Going to give them a couple of days to sort out the trucks. It better make it by the Friday because this is my last weekend to pickup. Otherwise I will be out of town, going to London for work for 3 weeks from May 5th to May 21st and my next available time to pickup is May 26th. Maybe they'll let me pay to upgrade to AWD for a July pickup.

How many trucks are they missing? My car didn't show on Friday 4/20 or Monday 4/23. Since your didn't show on 4/24, I wonder if mine will show up tomorrow or not. I told them if it shows, I will still wait till the weekend to pick up. Going to give them a couple of days to sort out the trucks. It better make it by the Friday because this is my last weekend to pickup. Otherwise I will be out of town, going to London for work for 3 weeks from May 5th to May 21st and my next available time to pickup is May 26th. Maybe they'll let me pay to upgrade to AWD for a July pickup.

Originally my car was supposed to arrive on 4/22 but since that was sunday delivery was set to 4/23 then 4/24 now....?

When they cancelled on me on Monday, I got the call at 9:41AM and my scheduled pick up time was 4:45PM.. so 7 hours?

Although I have heard of people getting "the call" an hour before their scheduled time (not CM specifically, but other delivery centers)

It would be nice to hear about successful deliveries from Costa Mesa after all these delays (I hope to post such a story later this evening).

• Informative
Reactions: joshiee
Giving me hope for tomorrow. Blue , Aero, 3:30 pickup on 4/26 at CM

Just got a call the I can pick up tomorrow at 4 pm, CM delivery center, I logged on to "my tesla" and it showed today a 4 pm, I called back to confirm and they told me that was a mistake and it was supposed to be at 3:15 pm tomorrow so it seems to me they must be running around like chickens with their heads cut off (sorry vegans) as I get conflicting info from one day to the next as well as one minute to the next, really excited to pick up the car after this long wait and hope for a smooth delivery experiance as this is my first Tesla and EV for that matter, will be turning in my VW dirty diesel now!

While I was at CM, I think I watched 3 leave and 3 more take their place. Looks like space for 7, maybe 8 cars in the garage.

7A8D6FC0-A5A1-44A2-B46F-31ED46D5C632.jpeg