Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin lighting at night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Absolutely love my MY but went out for the first time in the evening last night and couldn’t help but feel the cabin was too dark given night mode of the screen and lack off dash etc. visibility from the back window in the dark also next to nothing.

What are everyone’s top tips/accessories for brightening things up while night driving?

What are everyone’s top tips/accessories for brightening things up while night driving?
IMO, do nothing & give it some time to get used to. It does seem a bit odd for the car to be so dark inside, especially if you have just come from an ICE car with dozens of little lights everywhere for the switches and dashboard light pollution. There's not really anything in the car you need to see while driving in the dark, no buttons to reach for etc. I much prefer the lack of distractions, personally.

It's nice to have no reflections of outside light on the wheel or dashboard too. The ID.3 is terrible for that with its piano black everywhere (including the center of the steering wheel) & I found it very annoying.

I agree, very in-nerving on the first few night drives - ARGHHH, WHERES THE SPEEDO….

But used to it now. I have upgraded the front puddle lights and will likely add some to the rear seats one day too. It’s coming to summer now so no rush for many moths.

Reactions: blert
I agree, very in-nerving on the first few night drives - ARGHHH, WHERES THE SPEEDO….

But used to it now. I have upgraded the front puddle lights and will likely add some to the rear seats one day too. It’s coming to summer now so no rush for many moths.
I chuckled at this - I'm new to the Tesla world and had the same moment of brief panic one of the first times I drove at night and looked down to see just darkness from where the clocks 'should' be 😁

Reactions: M1tch