Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cabin Overheat protection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know what will happen if the car interior reaches over the 105F ? I turned off features such as Cabin Overheat Protection and Sentry mode while my car is in the shop for another two days. Seems like my car is parked in direct sunlight and was sitting at 115F interior so I immediately turned on cabin control to low just to be safe. Just wondering if anything drastic happens if I were to let it reach that temperature again? Didn’t think the car could reach that temp in the sunny 63F weather.

Um... nothing. :rolleyes: Use cabin overheat w/o A/C as Uncertain mentioned. If your windows aren't tinted in cabin will get abnormally hot when sitting outside in direct sun. Keep in mind we have giant glass roof panels.

I live in S. FL and have no hot cabin issues.

I bought roof sun shades, which I'll probably keep permanently. But need to tint the side windows too. Will leave the rear alone, since it'd never look right, due to the glass being only partly tinted (unfortunately).

I live in the UK and yesterday the vehicle managed to get upto 39C which is quite hot for you to get into, also the plastic and leather get very hot in that heat.

Obviously not as hot as some parts of the USA but surely the cabin protect should kick in before this? or should I just leave the AC on all day set around 24 so it doesnt overheat

I live in the UK and yesterday the vehicle managed to get upto 39C which is quite hot for you to get into, also the plastic and leather get very hot in that heat.

Obviously not as hot as some parts of the USA but surely the cabin protect should kick in before this? or should I just leave the AC on all day set around 24 so it doesnt overheat
I had COP off thinking I wont need that in the UK. Was just looking on Teslafi and saw the cabin temp was 120.9F or 49.5C..... COP now turned on with the car plugged in just to protect the electronics

Reactions: Durzel