Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Calculating rate per kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to figure out what rate per kWh to use for calculation (for the Tesla app, charging section for example.. or Optiwatt), but there are three numbers from Colorado Springs Utliities:

Access charge per day $0.5103 // Access charge per kWh $0.0777 // Electric Cost Adjustment (ECA) per kWh $0.0523

How do these values work together?

Have you called the utility and asked for clarification?
Yes, and at first they said to use the $0.0777 rate. But when I asked about the other values on their rate chart, nothing came together as to how those numbers come into play

I'm sure someone here has figured this one out, whether it's the simple rate.. or you have to add a few of those other values to make it more accurate

Upvote 0
Are you on the standard plan or the time of day plan? If you’re on the standard plan, you add all of the per kWh rates together to get your total price per kWh. If you’re on the time of day plan, you add the rates together based on each time of day (peak or off-peak) to get the total price for each period.

So for the standard plan, you pay 13.44¢ per kWh plus 51.03¢ per day. There are probably additional taxes and fees that will show up on your bill.

Reactions: jakimo
Upvote 0