Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California Home Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How was your home delivery experience? How did the process work? Did the paperwork / payment go as planned? Were you happy with the result? We're about 300 miles from our nearest SC, and home delivery was our only presented option. We're not financing, nor doing a trade-in. Hoping for our new Model 3 within the week.

There really is no “experience” essentially the transport company will drop car off to you , you will sign papers that you took delivery ... he will hand you key cards ...Tesla is transporting these cars without any wrapping so wouldn’t be surprised if u had some road damage ...given QC issues folks are reporting it may be worth trip to go to delivery center even though 300 miles out :(

I was not given an option to pick it up my self. I heard they don't have any more room at the delivery centers so for some, like me, home delivery is the only option. I hope I can bring it back for free repair if they screw up the paint.

My home delivery couldn’t actually deliver to my home, something about being able to take a truck that size on residential roads.

It was a completely enclosed truck, so no issue with potential scratching but the car had previously been wrapped - there were white bits around many of the surfaces, I’m not sure the scratches-from-transit is as big an issue anymore.

As another responder said, since you aren’t doing financing or trade ins, they arrive, get the car off the bed, ask you to inspect it, verify you have chargers and mats, have you sign the paperwork and that’s it. My guy helped get the plates on and made sure I understood how access it with the key.