Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California plant reopening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they might be starting backup Monday!

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

BDAF3E63-D282-49A3-BA8A-7046E6AD580F.jpeg

Where all in the U.S. are Model Ys being produced?

As someone who ordered a Model Y in mid-March, I lie patiently in wait. I live in north east PA, so I'm not sure how much the California plant opening helps. :-/

The Fremont plant is where Tesla makes all their vehicles currently, S, X, 3 & Y. So it definetly helps your case.

The Shanghai plant only makes the Model 3 for China currently.

Tesla is looking for a new location I. The “mid-west” for the Cyber-Truck plant but they haven’t figured it out yet supposedly.

shelter at home extended till May end for Almeda county

Tesla reversed course and cancelled requests to bring workers back to production lines in Fremont, California, this week.

According to internal correspondence shared with CNBC, Tesla asked dozens of furloughed workers last Friday, and over the weekend, to come back on Wednesday, Apr. 29 to resume production in Fremont.

In new messages sent Monday and distributed on some internal message boards, a human resources employee wrote:

“Per the direction of the executive leadership team, we will not be returning to work Wednesday, April 29. Please disregard all communication and directives on returning to work this week.”

Tesla shares dropped more than 1% on the news in after-hours trading, after rising more than 10% during the day. —Lora Kolodny

• Disagree
Reactions: dojacat
shelter at home extended till May end for Almeda county

Tesla reversed course and cancelled requests to bring workers back to production lines in Fremont, California, this week.

According to internal correspondence shared with CNBC, Tesla asked dozens of furloughed workers last Friday, and over the weekend, to come back on Wednesday, Apr. 29 to resume production in Fremont.

In new messages sent Monday and distributed on some internal message boards, a human resources employee wrote:

“Per the direction of the executive leadership team, we will not be returning to work Wednesday, April 29. Please disregard all communication and directives on returning to work this week.”

Tesla shares dropped more than 1% on the news in after-hours trading, after rising more than 10% during the day. —Lora Kolodny

Well that sucks, looks like it’s back to just waiting around aimlessly for things to open back up.

Reactions: Jaycha2
True....but for some folks (like me) have to turn in the lease car by end of june. But to your point, if you are working from home(or not driving due to shelter in place) you don't need a car
Yeah same deal with me. Lease is due June 1, but we do have another car. Just means we are a 1 car household until tesla comes calling. Normally an issue, but during coronamania, not an issue (telecommute for us until further notice)

Well, maybe Elon's approach isn't so indirect after all.
Elon Musk says shelter-in-place orders during COVID-19 are ‘fascist’

From The Verge article:
  • Elon Musk called the shelter-in-place orders in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the US “fascist” actions that are stripping people of their freedom on a Tesla earnings call on Wednesday. Musk’s comments come after a torrent of criticism for remarks he made late Tuesday night on Twitter, in which the billionaire CEO echoed President Trump by writing in all caps, “Free America Now.
  • The rant began after Musk said, “We are a bit worried about not being able to resume production in the Bay Area, and that should be identified as a serious risk.” Six Bay Area counties jointly extended the shelter-in-place orders affecting San Francisco, Fremont, and other cities through May 31st, with only some minor relaxing of restrictions.
  • “The expansion of shelter-in-place, or as we call it, forcibly imprisoning people in their homes, against all their constitutional rights, is, in my opinion, breaking people’s freedoms in ways that are horrible and wrong, and not why people came to America and built this country,” Musk said. “What the ****!”

Last edited: