Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today marks day 44 since placing my order. It was November 2. The delivery center has ghosted my emails. Seeing other people who ordered days or even weeks before me also hear nothing is not reassuring.

I think one of the funniest ironies of all of this is this little lie plastered up on Tesla’s website:
Imgur

I can’t believe they expect people to believe that orders placed this late can be delivered in the next 17 days when orders from October still haven’t been delivered.

On one eventful Sunday 11/10 morning, my wife took me to a Tesla store in Buena Park to check out the Model 3. Our main goal was actually to see if a Model Y was there physically to showcase and checkout, but no cigar. Next thing we know, we were taking a test drive in the Model 3 LR AWD and my mind was already sold that we were going to drive this car home today. But as we were sitting down with an SA to order the car, we had realize that there is this thing called 'waiting' and that I will not be able to drive off with the car. Estimated 5-7 weeks wait at the time.

Little did I know, I thought the wait would be at tops maybe 2 weeks, but since then, I found myself here at the Forum high on other ppl's success stories. My hope soon turn into despair, then anger, then hopeful again, and ultimately indifference.

All of the sudden, I had received a phone call at 2:14pm yesterday 12/12 during work that showed a Buena Park phone number. I could not pick it up as I was in the middle of work but was hoping a voicemail was left about some miracle happening and waiting for me to come rescue my Model 3. No voicemail was left so as soon as I got off work an hr later, I immediately called back the number and it turns out to be the Buena Park TEsla dealership. Explosions of joy and euphoria entered my brain as I fantasize about riding in bliss in my new Model 3.

I asked the person who picked up the phone that I had received a call and wanted to know what it was about. The exact quote from that person was, "Oh yea, Jeff here at Tesla was calling to inquire if you guys were interested in installing a Tesla Solar Energy pack".

After hearing that, my surroundings all fade back into darkness again as I had accepted my fate and will forever be in limbo..........

The crush of despair, the defeated feeling of not having a VIN associated to our accounts is dreadful.. i feel for all of those affected my this absence of closure, including myself... and your stories have bonded us like never before, or will ever again unless we buy other Tesla models. Anywhos... To make my tale short, Ordered 10/21 and haven't heard a PEEP out of TESLA.. i called, and emailed and live chatted, and they all say the same. The car will come before end of year. Bah Humbug...

I sold some of my stock a few weeks ago to fund the down payment of my LR AWD, thinking at least i would get delivery on the 6th or 7th week. But nooooooooo.. Bad financial decision, because the stocks I sold went up an additional $2k... but oh well... I tell myself, it could have gone down.. I could have not had those stock in the first place.. be at peace... Yah sure, i'll be at peace once i get my VIN!

Last edited:
Week 10 tomorrow, of course no VIN, no contact. Sometimes I wonder if I really ordered a Tesla or has this just been some trippy dream. When we all head to Tesla in a massive mob to collect our vehicles I fear someone with a clipboard will be at the door telling us to sign here, put your check in this box, and point to a parking lot full of cars and say “your car is there”. Mass chaos will ensue as we all flood the parking lot of cars trying to match up VIN numbers to a hastily written number on a yellow sticky handed to us by some cowering employee who is hoping not to get trampled like a security guard at a Walmart Black Friday opening. I for one I’m bringing a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around the end. Tee shirts should be made to honor those who don’t survive the event.

I can’t believe they expect people to believe that orders placed this late can be delivered in the next 17 days when orders from October still haven’t been delivered.
This morning at work I saw a guy who has a M3. I told him we finally got our VIN and he asked if I was picking up at Fremont. I told him I have no clue yet.

He said he and all the people in his local Tesla club (I guess just people who have Tesla's??) are helping out with deliveries at the Fremont site the weekend of Dec 21 and 22. He said their group helped out last quarter with deliveries. It sounded like the Tesla employees do the paper work for a couple of minutes then pass them on to volunteers to show new owners their car and spend time with them going over everything with the M3.

Sounded kind of cool there will be volunteers helping Tesla deliver a lot of cars the weekend before Xmas. I have no idea how many they can move but, I bet it's a large number.

Reactions: house9
Week 10 tomorrow, of course no VIN, no contact. Sometimes I wonder if I really ordered a Tesla or has this just been some trippy dream. When we all head to Tesla in a massive mob to collect our vehicles I fear someone with a clipboard will be at the door telling us to sign here, put your check in this box, and point to a parking lot full of cars and say “your car is there”. Mass chaos will ensue as we all flood the parking lot of cars trying to match up VIN numbers to a hastily written number on a yellow sticky handed to us by some cowering employee who is hoping not to get trampled like a security guard at a Walmart Black Friday opening. I for one I’m bringing a baseball bat with barbed wire wrapped around the end. Tee shirts should be made to honor those who don’t survive the event.
LOL

"I Survived Tesla Delivery Day
-Dec 2019 (last two weeks) "

This morning at work I saw a guy who has a M3. I told him we finally got our VIN and he asked if I was picking up at Fremont. I told him I have no clue yet.

He said he and all the people in his local Tesla club (I guess just people who have Tesla's??) are helping out with deliveries at the Fremont site the weekend of Dec 21 and 22. He said their group helped out last quarter with deliveries. It sounded like the Tesla employees do the paper work for a couple of minutes then pass them on to volunteers to show new owners their car and spend time with them going over everything with the M3.

Sounded kind of cool there will be volunteers helping Tesla deliver a lot of cars the weekend before Xmas. I have no idea how many they can move but, I bet it's a large number.
Wait you have a VIN for a performance model that is yet to be delivered? And your in CA?

Imagine volunteering your time for a multi-billion dollar corporation... during the holiday season...

Nice, can't wait for a Tesla Club down in Socal to make an announcement "All right guys it's time for our monthly meetup! But instead of Souplantation we're going to have a meet up at the local delivery center to help out with deliveries and sh*t :D!"

Last edited:
EBE91CCD-E461-4B44-8478-FCD5249731AC.png

I think their goal is to just help out new Tesla owners with all the stuff their M3 has. I thinks it's great they just want to be a service to others and not about $. JMHO.
I agree. If I lived closer to a delivery center I would participate in this. Oh and if I actually had a Tesla already, lol. But all joking aside these types of events held by owners only strengthens the brand.

Reactions: house9
If you've been waiting for weeks and have lost all hope, this is were you belong. If you want to be miserable and be with others that want to be miserable.

I ordered 11/7, picking up in Fremont - I was pretty sure going in that I would not have a car until the last week in December, it just makes sense they want to maximize deliveries before the end of the year and no better way then having the last few cars come out of the factory directly to customers.

Even knowing this I'm no less miserable... :)

I almost feel like I should have just given up on the $1850 tax rebate and ordered after this mad Q4 rush, would have been a wash after all the money I'm going to need to spend in therapy.

introduced to this hot new thing called VIN in source. It wasn't until a few tries, that I found myself hooked.

I too have this addiction