Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 12/7/2019. Still no VIN or any communications from Tesla. I'm supposed to pick up in Buena Park. I *did* go to the Buena Park mall yesterday and saw several truckloads of Tesla model 3's being emptied into a fenced off area by the old Sears Auto Center that's closed. Now every time I get a text I get all excited it might be from Tesla, and then I get sorely disappointed when it isn't lol.....
Considering there are some people from October with nothing yet and pretty much everyone from November, I would say brace yourself for the long haul.

California delivery timings are back to 5-8 weeks on Tesla site. So if we haven't made it to the assembly line then no hope for this year .
Thank goodness they revised this delivery timeframe to stop making year-end promises. My guess is, most of us waiting in California have a vehicle parked in some parking lot near the DC and are working through the backlog to catch up between now and end of the year. I’ve been quite tempted to just drive by Burbank and see if they can provide a more realistic delivery expectation, but figured I will be patient and wait.

Real life video of me at this point:

5BEE8B8F-B1B5-4704-83C2-82E6887D8A8C.gif

GAAAAAHHHH!! I think Elon dislikes my posts and deemed me the last person in to get their car in Costa Mesa. BOOHOO

So starting tomorrow, it will be the 8th week of waiting, even though it says estimated date is 5-7 weeks. I'm waiting for it to reduce down to 2-4 weeks from order date.
HO HUM

We waited 14 weeks on our Model X in 2018.

At the delivery event last week the guy explained that the factory is like a fire house. It generally can only point at one market at a time. Early in the quarter it point outside the US. Later in the quarter it starts pointing into the US, with California being last because they can get the cars quickly to much of the state from Fremont.

We waited 14 weeks on our Model X in 2018.

At the delivery event last week the guy explained that the factory is like a fire house. It generally can only point at one market at a time. Early in the quarter it point outside the US. Later in the quarter it starts pointing into the US, with California being last because they can get the cars quickly to much of the state from Fremont.

Thanks for the info! I hope with the China factory up and running and covering for APAC and/or EMEA, the future Tesla lead-times will be shortened for all.. until the CyberTruck rolls into production.

Just got call, car is ready, picking up tomorrow. Ordered 10/13, this was my first contact with them since ordering other than email for new owner thing.

Performance in blue

great news for you! Hope it's a smooth process in getting your car..

I think when they call me, i'm going to ignore them, just like they ignored me the last 8 weeks... Fight fire with fire. HAHAHA!

Reactions: Lex2Caddy2Tes