Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California, The Land That Time Forgot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot believe this.

Picking up at Costa Mesa tomorrow. My trade quote decreased from $7,944 to $6,600 one hour after I submitted a photo of my title. Wth!!! I even rented a car to keep it under 1,000 miles. I know my quote is about a week expired but they made me do it early or it would have delayed my delivery. We all got that email. Last week, sales guy told me not to worry about it either, just keep it under 1,000 miles. These asses and their tricky games.... buyer beware!

I sent an email to DA and Costa Mesa delivery. If they make this right, I'll update this post...in the meantime, I'm pissed.

Oh, and they ran my credit again yesterday....

Have you looked at Carvana?
My trade in decreased by $500 ($11,500 to $11000) after I submitted photos as well. I then got a quote from Carvana and got offered $13800.

I was told by my SA that the inventory on the website is preproduction so they aren’t just sitting in a lot ready to pick up. And that means they may not be done before the end of the year, which is why they aren’t switching orders to them.

Inventory on the website was associated with specific delivery centers. It was not all located at Fremont. Either your SA was flying high, or Tesla is really nuts calling cars that are not cars yet - "inventory."

I finally got a car! It wasn’t the one that I ordered...but I got a car!

I ordered a white stealth on 12/2 and kept getting my delivery date pushed, my VIN would appear and reappear and no two people would ever give me the same answer to the same question...but...my SA was always responsive and I think she really was at the mercy of Tesla’s messed up systems.

She called me this morning and told me “I don’t have an update on when your car will be built but I’m pretty sure you will not be getting it by your delivery date (the 29th.) I was MAJORLY bummed but she was like “I’ll see what I can do, I’ll call you back.” (Usually when someone from Tesla told me they’d call me back it was a 50/50 chance of that happening)

She called back and said that she had a red and a black stealth at Century City and she would move them to Marina and I could pick whichever one I wanted up TODAY.

I told her that I totally wanted the red, but was bummed that I’d be paying a little more and that’s when I saw that the paint prices dropped by a little bit today...thinking it was fate I decided to go for it.

Long story short, I picked up a red stealth today from Marina after a very circuitous process. I definitely didn’t have to wait as long as most people, so I consider myself mega-fortunate.

Attachments

• 3D84CED1-2251-4373-A65F-FE1139A8F822.jpeg
    3D84CED1-2251-4373-A65F-FE1139A8F822.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 61
I finally got a car! It wasn’t the one that I ordered...but I got a car!

I ordered a white stealth on 12/2 and kept getting my delivery date pushed, my VIN would appear and reappear and no two people would ever give me the same answer to the same question...but...my SA was always responsive and I think she really was at the mercy of Tesla’s messed up systems.

She called me this morning and told me “I don’t have an update on when your car will be built but I’m pretty sure you will not be getting it by your delivery date (the 29th.) I was MAJORLY bummed but she was like “I’ll see what I can do, I’ll call you back.” (Usually when someone from Tesla told me they’d call me back it was a 50/50 chance of that happening)

She called back and said that she had a red and a black stealth at Century City and she would move them to Marina and I could pick whichever one I wanted up TODAY.

I told her that I totally wanted the red, but was bummed that I’d be paying a little more and that’s when I saw that the paint prices dropped by a little bit today...thinking it was fate I decided to go for it.

Long story short, I picked up a red stealth today from Marina after a very circuitous process. I definitely didn’t have to wait as long as most people, so I consider myself mega-fortunate.

What was your final price?

When I ordered my SR+ on 11/25 my SA in Santa Barbara implied locations had an allotment of reservations to meet the Dec 31st deadline. At the time expected delivery was 2-5 weeks, making 12/30 5 weeks for me and he said they still had their allotment so.. I’m still pretty neutral at this point.

Sooo I have an update. I was leaving yesterday and I mentionned a hail mary play.
So I went to the Fremont Sales Center to try to see if they can match me to any vehicle. For reference, I had ordered a simple grey SR (not SR+) on 11/16.
Sure enough, they find a demo red SR+/white interior and 19 inch wheels woth FSD. The Sales person says they can easily remove the FSD and + option and make it a SR and that we have to act quickly so he matches me to that car. He said because there's a $1,600 discount on the car because it's demo, my final price will be only 1k more.
So now I have a Vin and a 4pm appointment to take delivery of that vehicle.

I arrive at the DC Fremont at 4pm and nightmare begins. The lady that shows me the car knew nothing about Teslas, absolutely nothing. The leather was pretty damaged (it was stretched a lot and looked pretty gross especially that it's white). I mentionned that but she keeps saying that I agreed to take it as is. Whatever I thought.

I go inside while waiting for paperwork. They make me wait 1h. While waiting, I receive a notification that they just did a hard pull on my credit without my consent? Then my tesla loan disappears and now they want 8k more!
They tell me it's an SR even though it clearly had the 4k SR+ option and that the maths don't add up. They tell me to pay right now or that I'll forfeit the car and become quite aggressive with me. "it's just a little bit more". Then another employee comes and they make it out to be like if I was unable to afford the car. I wouldn't have matched for this car if I knew that the price would be 8k more. The person at the sales center confirmed though that it wouldn't be like that.

I refuse and 5 minutes later, I see someone walking out with the exact car! I leave after 2hours wasted and almost missed my flight.

I called my SA and he put back my old configuration but now I'm last in line... all that wait for nothing.

I'm very disappointed about the Fremont DC people. Even at the sh**tiest car dealership I would've been treated with more respect.

Oh well. Hopefully my SA can do something and I can pick up a car when I comeback in January.
Hail Mary plays don't always work!

Edit. Oh I also purchased insurance for the car lmaooooo why do those things always happen to me smh hahah

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Russell